2015 MLB Season - Let's Play Two!

JSngry

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I hear that. It's not so much that you can't afford it, it's that you get to the point where you simply cannot justify the expense.

And with San Fransisco having one of the highest costs of living in the U.S., those ticket prices don't surprise me.

There may be downsides to living in the midwest, but cost of living certainly isn't one of them.

Hell, I can still play 18 holes at Justin Smith's golf club for $29! Which my son and I try to do eevry weekend. I sometimes go walk nine after work, and that's only $6. How the hell can you beat that?!

Exactly. Good point.

It is also why I live where I do. The cost of living...I can actually afford house here.

The downside is it's a four hour drive to San Francisco.

Yikes!

We've got it pretty good. Living in Sleepy Hollow where everything is dirt cheap, with both KC and St. Lou a couple of hours in each direction, Omaha (the biggest hidden gem in the U.S. for my money) four and a half hours away, and Chicago and Nashville a mere seven hours from our homestead.

I've bellyached and bitched about living here, but in recent years I've come to appreciate how good we have it in many respects.

And while I'd love to live in Boston, or Chicago, or New York, or San Fransisco, I just can't see the sense in it fiscally speaking.

Edited by Scott Dolan

• 2 weeks later...

I've done all that, and more.

Going to avert my gaze until deeply compelled to do otherwise.

Just saw the score go from 3-1 Rangers to 4-3 Tribe during the typing of this...gonna be a longer year than it already was going to be...oh well, 162 gonna 162, right?

There's always the Astros.

Perhaps they're this years Royals.

That thought has crossed my mind more than once, but I'm still having trouble processing that a team that was expected to do well to break .500 this year is actually trading the best record in the AL back and forth with the Royals. 162 games is a long way in the future, though, and who knows what will happen between now and then?