"Some Call It Loving" (1973) Another obscure jazz movie

I love finding these obscure movies made after 1950 that show how the media portrays jazz musicians.

This one has Zalman King playing a wealthy bari sax player(!) who owns a huge mansion, where he leads a decadent life style... :smirk:

Richard Pryor has an early role as a junkie jazz drummer. Here are some of the musicians involved (from JITM):

Ronnie Lang ghosted bar sax solos for actor Zalman King, accompanied by Conte Candoli, trumpet; Bob Brookmeyer, trombone; Dave Grusin, electric piano; Ray Brown, acoustic double bass; Stan Levey, drums. Source music by Bud Shank plus strings. This was never released on DVD, but did make it to VHS. I read about it on the IMDB, but has anyone seen this?

• 1 year later...

I recently saw this fascinatingly strange '70s movie.  Where does this information regarding the players of the music in the jazz scenes come from?   The music sounds quite well-played, so it certainly could be the cats cited.  However, they are definitely not the band that appears in the movie itself. 

The guys in the film (except for actor Zalman King) do all look comfortable enough on the stand and in handling their instruments to be professional musicians though, and the bass player looks like he could be Leroy Vinnegar.  I actually came here to see if anyone who has seen this movie and is more familiar than I am with the early '70s L.A. jazz scene could ID the musicians shown in the film.

Edited by Al in NYC