Miles Davis All of You: The Last Tour, 1960

Other legit releases:

stockholm_1960_complete_front.jpg

Stockholm on Dragon

077526.jpg

Previous legit release of the Paris concerts.

R_6359128_1417294160_3076_jpeg.jpg

Zurich :tup

daviscd.jpg

Amsterdam. Best saved for last. Not as good as the track So What from Scheveningen (near The Hague) from the same night that was included on the Kind Of Blue 50th anniversary Legacy edition.

Other than the obvious fact that they are Miles and Trane together, are any of these particularly recommended?

I started this thread after listening again to the 4 CD Stockholm. It is not only great music, but the sound quality is very good. I certainly recommend this one. So now I want more. And ask the same question...what others of these CDs are recommended?

The legit Paris, especially, and also Zurich releases are recommended for the performances and sound quality. The Amsterdam set is not that essential if you want to hear Coltrane on fire and sound is poorer by comparison.

Bootleg releases from other dates from the tour are bound to be of inferior sound quality. Radio broadcasts from decades ago. All of those can be easily found on Dimeadozen (no official releases allowed there).

For example, the material from 9 March, 1960 Scheveningen (The Hague) on the All of You: The Last Tour set is probably of the same poor quality as on Dimeadozen. Similar for the material from West Germany. It might well be some of the material was not even properly speed corrected where needed.

Edited by erwbol