Sonos, anyone here have this or think of getting one?

Hardbopjazz

Stefan et al, I don't believe you can pair a device with multiple Bluetooth receivers simultaneously can you? Streaming one or multiple sources over a LAN to various rooms is what attracts people to Sonos and Squeezecenter. Squeeze is open-source.

I honestly don't know, but I don't think so. The only reason I say that is when using the remote app, you have to choose a device. So in my case I have to choose either my Airport Express, or my Apple TV.

Now, I only have one of each, so that's why I'm not entirely sure.

Excellent question, though! I need to research that.

I have two, but have never tried using them in this way. I don't own anything that accepts toslink.

Interesting.

How do you have them connected? HDMI?

Either way, the connection shouldn't matter. Try running something through both and report back. From everything I've read, they should be perfectly synched.

Very cool!

I have been looking at the AudioEngine Bluetooth receiver as an alternative to the Airport Express. Maybe use it in an office. There is a good review of it at computeraudiophile.com.

I currently have a Bluetooth speaker in my office at work and my daughter has one in her bedroom. Both are handy and sound fine for their respective rooms. It seems to me the AudioEngine device ups the game a little, i.e. gives you the opportunity to connect to a stereo with a relatively high-quality Bluetooth signal.

Product link:

http://audioengineusa.com/Store/B1-Bluetooth-Music-Receiver

The choices and alternatives for all this stuff (under the category "home music streaming") are growing at a fairly rapid pace, which is great for consumers.

Edited by Eric