Harrison Ford plane crash

He's over seventy so even though his injuries are described as non life threatening, the recovery process will be long.

I'm five years his junior but a mere double fractured wrist was a quite serious impediment for several months.

I wish him all the best for a speedy return to health.

Authorities are saying Ford made the best possible choice of where to land the plane in his situation. In that vicinity the only options are the beach, crowded streets or the golf course.

This is from the latest article I could find regarding his health (from the BBC).

He was breathing and alert when medics arrived and took him to hospital in a "fair to moderate" condition, a fire department spokesman said.

His son Ben, a chef in Los Angeles, later tweeted from the hospital: "Dad is OK. Battered but OK!

His publicist said: "The injuries sustained are not life threatening, and he is expected to make a full recovery,"

I don't think his age had anything to do with it, the engine cut out, whether you're 22 or 72 you're going down....

All men have had this problem at one time or another, you're right about that. When the engine cuts out, you go down - if you're smart about it.

Come to find out the PT-22 Trainer he was flying used to be flown on training missions for the Army out of my town during WWII. The name of the airfield and city are stenciled on the plane.

Cool.

Edited by TimMcG