The USPS SUCKS

I've watched Fed Ex packages do the same thing here. One day they'll be in Kansas City, the next day they'll be in Earth City, which is next to St. Louis. We live right in the middle of Missouri between both of those cities! So it started out two hours west of here, and ended up two hours east of here! 

Bizarre...

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dan Gould said:

Well I've had issues with our carrier who seems to decide randomly whether to attempt delivery of packages or leave the pink slip in the mailbox. This, after I take a walk in the morning to open the driveway gate. That's been seriously annoying

$30 to your mail carrier at Christmas time does amazing things for customer satisfaction. 

1 hour ago, Dmitry said:

$30 to your mail carrier at Christmas time does amazing things for customer satisfaction. 

Honestly do not understand it or would ever consider it.  We're not talking about someone pushing a cart and walking 1000 extra feet to get to my door. Its their job and they should do it properly and consistently.

Twice a year, Xmas and during the high heat of summer,
I give a $25 or $50 gift card (sandwich shops in the area
for lunch) to my postal carrier for the really thankless and
sometimes brutal job she has to do.

Edited by rostasi

My beef with the USPS is that they seem to lose important checks: two consecutive payments to the same doctor's office, a mortgage payment and a car note payoff check. It gets expensive having to pay for stop payment fees.

I do think that a lot of their workers are trying hard and those I have had personal encounters with have been very upbeat.

2 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

Honestly do not understand it or would ever consider it.  We're not talking about someone pushing a cart and walking 1000 extra feet to get to my door. Its their job and they should do it properly and consistently.

I do give a gift to our regular mail carrier at Xmas because they're careful and pleasant, but yesterday a sub carrier left no mail in our exterior mail box, which is quite unusual. I chased him down, still in my pajamas, as he strolled down the other side of the street, and when I caught up to him he forthrightly admitted (i.e. he already knew this) that he had put our mail into the interior mail slot of the house just to the north of us because (he explained) he had assumed that the house numbers on our street went along in different increments than was the case (this rather than actually looking at them). When I suggested that he go back and try to recover our mail from the house to the north of us, he was very reluctant to try but finally did so, and fortunately that person was at home and gave us our mail.

1 hour ago, Larry Kart said:

I do give a gift to our regular mail carrier at Xmas because they're careful and pleasant, but yesterday a sub carrier left no mail in our exterior mail box, which is quite unusual. I chased him down, still in my pajamas, as he strolled down the other side of the street, and when I caught up to him he forthrightly admitted (i.e. he already knew this) that he had put our mail into the interior mail slot of the house just to the north of us because (he explained) he had assumed that the house numbers on our street went along in different increments (than was the case (this rather than actually looking at them). When I suggested that he go back and try to recover our mail from the house to the north of us, he was very reluctant to try but finally did so, and fortunately that person was at home and gave us our mail.

This reminds me of the Seinfeld where Jerry's subbing for Newman but his delivery rate of better than 50% tips them off that someone else delivered on Newman's route. 

2 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

Ok, for you it'll be $50. :P

Seriously, a Christmas bonus lets me enjoy the red carpet service here...packages are always put in plastic bags if precipitation is projected. 

Edited by Dmitry

In NY I use a box at UPS but I do give the counter gang a little cash just to be sure. In AZ the mail carrier for the house is a fuck up and insists on walking through my yard and gives us other people's mail on a weekly if not daily basis. Not an isolated problem because neighbors complain the same, so he gets shit. Now at the office, whole different story. UPS, FedEx and USPS carrier all get something. I think they all have the hots for my front office staff so maybe that is the reason we get that same kind of "red carpet treatment".

Edited by catesta

9 hours ago, Larry Kart said:

I do give a gift to our regular mail carrier at Xmas because they're careful and pleasant, but yesterday a sub carrier left no mail in our exterior mail box, which is quite unusual. I chased him down, still in my pajamas, as he strolled down the other side of the street, and when I caught up to him he forthrightly admitted (i.e. he already knew this) that he had put our mail into the interior mail slot of the house just to the north of us because (he explained) he had assumed that the house numbers on our street went along in different increments than was the case (this rather than actually looking at them). When I suggested that he go back and try to recover our mail from the house to the north of us, he was very reluctant to try but finally did so, and fortunately that person was at home and gave us our mail.

What was he doing in YOUR pajamas? (sorry couldn't resist, given how you occasionally, on Facebook, like to point out awkward phraseology) -

• 2 weeks later...

My God, it exists. Miami to Flushing NY in two weeks.  

There aren't enough of these :wacko::blink: in the universe to express my feelings right now.

Wonder if it will come down to Tampa again, and then head on back to Miami for another loop-de-loop.

TRACKING SNIP.JPG

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

I can understand "crazy" routing if the end result is efficient(ish) delivery times. But even allowing for the 3-Day Weekend at the end of May...c'mon USPS, that's a Fail by any standard!

It's beyond ridiculous.  It went in four hours from Tampa to Miami, then a slow boat to China, I mean Flushing. I want to see if it gets on a plane again to get to Tampa now.  Funny how it went arrived Flushing - departed Flushing in a minute's time. I guess someone looked at it and said "whoops!" and got it moving in hopefully the right direction.

The shipper is a record dealer in France, and get this, prior to this tracking update, he refused any refund until the French PO acts on his claim. Uh, sorry buddy but you got my money its not dependent on what your Post Office does.  That part aggravated me almost as much as the PO has.

The USPS has lost one mortgage payment (another took 11 days to go across Tennessee), one five figure car note payoff, two consecutive checks to the same doctor's office an who knows how many promotional CDs sent over the years. 

UPS has occasionally screwed up as well. One lazy driver left a package by our sliding glass door in a duplex, if he had bothered to look through the open blinds and curtain he would have seen that the unit was empty, as we had moved to our new house. I only found it because I came back to get some stuff out of the storage room behind the duplex. There is no way to give a forwarding address to UPS, if the sender doesn't have it and UPS drops off the item, it will likely disappear thanks to a thief.