The USPS SUCKS

55 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

USPS is at it again. My Dusty Groove order is supposed to arrive tomorrow (1st Class mail).

Went from Chicago to Buffalo. Unlikely to make it to Santa Fe tomorrow. Seems to be going in the wrong direction!!

DG just sent me an e-mail saying it must have been "mis-sorted". 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not blaming anybody for this, because imo, "Media Mail" is Spanish for "don't have ANY expectations, it'll get there when it gets there". But this is perhaps the most extreme example of that I've yet encountered, via Dusty Groove, order placed after-hours 12/15, expected delivery = 12/30:

• Dec 29 2019

11:44 am

Arrived at USPS Regional FacilityUSPS

DALLAS TX NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

• Dec 28 2019

09:18 pm

Departed USPS Regional FacilityUSPS

DES MOINES IA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

• Dec 28 2019

05:01 pm

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin FacilityUSPS

• Dec 27 2019

12:00 am

In Transit to Next FacilityUSPS

• Dec 23 2019

10:38 pm

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin FacilityUSPS

CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

• Dec 23 2019

09:23 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin FacilityUSPS

CHICAGO, IL, 60622

• Dec 16 2019

04:08 pm

Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending USPS

CHICAGO, IL, 60607

•  

Ok, that's an order with just two items. Realistically, two weeks for a Media Mail shipment is not particularly outrageous.

But...

Here's a Media Mail order for six items placed on 12/21, already delivered (on 12/28) and (mostly) listened to!

• Dec 28 2019

11:07 am

Delivered, Left with Individual USPS

PLANO, TX, 75023

• Dec 28 2019

07:10 am

Out for Delivery USPS

PLANO, TX, 75023

• Dec 28 2019

06:57 am

Arrived at Post Office USPS

PLANO, TX, 75023

• Dec 27 2019

11:45 am

Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility USPS

• Dec 27 2019

10:14 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility USPS

• Dec 26 2019

12:00 am

In Transit to Next Facility USPS

• Dec 25 2019

02:31 pm

Departed USPS Regional FacilityUSPS

• Dec 25 2019

10:14 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility USPS

• Dec 24 2019

11:37 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility USPS

CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

• Dec 24 2019

10:22 am

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility USPS

CHICAGO, IL, 60622

• Dec 22 2019

09:12 pm

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item USPS

CHICAGO, IL, 60622

go figure!

• 3 months later...
32 minutes ago, Tom 1960 said:

I guess sooner or later it had to happen to me. I have a shipment mailed from New York to here in Maine with scheduled delivery for today by 8pm and currently it's sitting in Memphis, Tenn.. So does that mean I'm not getting my package today? Smh

That's what it means. I have the same thing with a package arriving by 8 p.m today. Problem is it's still in Phoenix.

I feel everyone's pain.  I have two orders from Da Bastids that shipped, one last tuesdaay April 7th, and one yesterday.  The one from last week is still sitting in "acceptance pending" status and is media mail, while the other has the same status but I chose priority instead.  Should I be worried the earlier package is lost? I know how crazy this pandemic is so I'm giving it time, but I cannot get a hold of the post office here in Yonkers  during business hours or a live person at USPS.  AFAIK, both packages are still in Chicago.  Dusty Groove's website warns that b/c of COVID-19 delivery and handling rates may vary and media mail typically takes 1-3 weeks but usually I receive stuff from them in a matter of days, never had anything but excellent results

I recently purchased two cds from a Japanese seller I’ve purchased from in the past and he told me that because of Covid he couldn’t tell me when I might receive the package.

I think we are just going to have to be very patient. 

I haven't ordered much of anything in the past couple of months, but I did preorder a book a while back from a publisher in the UK. It showed up about a week ago, less than two weeks after I received a shipping notice. And that was via standard Royal Mail. Not too bad at all - I've had orders from Amazon UK take over a month to reach the US, and that's during non-pandemic times. 

14 hours ago, Tom 1960 said:

I guess sooner or later it had to happen to me. I have a shipment mailed from New York to here in Maine with scheduled delivery for today by 8pm and currently it's sitting in Memphis, Tenn.. So does that mean I'm not getting my package today? Smh

Well the latest it is now in Oxford, Mississippi. 

17 minutes ago, Tom 1960 said:

Well the latest it is now in Oxford, Mississippi. 

Update on my USPS issue - was supposed to be delivered in Santa Fe yesterday the 16th. Left Phoenix 11 p.m. on Wed. the 15th & has apparently fallen off the face of the earth. Today is the 17th. No further "movement". Amazon says if it doesn't arrive by the 22nd they'll replace or refund. 

12 hours ago, CJ Shearn said:

I feel everyone's pain.  I have two orders from Da Bastids that shipped, one last tuesdaay April 7th, and one yesterday.  The one from last week is still sitting in "acceptance pending" status and is media mail, while the other has the same status but I chose priority instead.  Should I be worried the earlier package is lost? I know how crazy this pandemic is so I'm giving it time, but I cannot get a hold of the post office here in Yonkers  during business hours or a live person at USPS.  AFAIK, both packages are still in Chicago.  Dusty Groove's website warns that b/c of COVID-19 delivery and handling rates may vary and media mail typically takes 1-3 weeks but usually I receive stuff from them in a matter of days, never had anything but excellent results

Chicago to New York is f'ed right now. Stuff just sits. But it will probably get there eventually. I speak from similar experience.

18 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

Chicago to New York is f'ed right now. Stuff just sits. But it will probably get there eventually. I speak from similar experience.

The second package is coming tommorrow, the first one is sitting but hope that it moves soon. I hope they don't lose it.

3 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Stuff gets delayed but I thank the gods that USPS exists for both outgoing and incoming items.

I have a bunch of packages outstanding but things just take their time.  One arrived today. Now, I have to let it sit in “quarantine.”  

Opinions differ on how long you should let a package sit.  Here is the latest from the Times.

Is the Virus on My Clothes? My Shoes? My Hair? My Newspaper?

For the first time a drop in delivery efficiency is unsurprisingly apparent with Royal Mail.

I just thank my lucky stars they're still out there working with sickness levels increased. I know my postman well (a positive byproduct of buying LPs) and I know they're under the pump at the moment.

Nothing I order is going to deteriorate in the post and will either sound or read the same whenever it arrives. Here's to postal workers both sides of the pond.

I had to file a case with USPS about my Dusty Groove order from April 7th that has not arrived.  My other order which was first class (because of the Nagaoka inner CD sleeves) arrived yesterday.  The fact there is zero movement beyond "acceptance pending" even though it is media mail is suspicious.  I know things are taking their time so I hope before someone gets back to me in 2-3 business days it arrives. 

6 hours ago, CJ Shearn said:

I had to file a case with USPS about my Dusty Groove order from April 7th that has not arrived.  My other order which was first class (because of the Nagaoka inner CD sleeves) arrived yesterday.  The fact there is zero movement beyond "acceptance pending" even though it is media mail is suspicious.  I know things are taking their time so I hope before someone gets back to me in 2-3 business days it arrives. 

Media mail is even worse than always.  What should take days is taking weeks. I’m waiting for a set going from NY to NJ that I purchased two weeks ago; it would have been faster if I drove to NY myself.  Who knows when it will come.