The USPS SUCKS

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Tom 1960 said:

He hates the Posral Service plain and simple. That's not a political statement but fact. 

Allegedly it has to do with his claim — disproven — that Amazon is getting a break from the USPS and he hates Amazon because Bezos owns the Washington Post. 

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Allegedly it has to do with his claim — disproven — that Amazon is getting a break from the USPS and he hates Amazon because Bezos owns the Washington Post. 

He also doesn't seem to understand that the public will have to pay for it, just like he doesn't understand that tariffs are a tax on the receivers of imports not the exporters. 

I don't see why people would expect everything else about damn near all commercial and very many personal interactions become really...thrown off? Unbalanced? Disrupted? by a freaking pandemic. It's not like the USPS mostly exists in a literal parallel universe where shit runs as it always has (however that might be...) and then daily they find a wormhole to pop in through to deliver shit to our houses before popping back through it.

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds...I don't see anything even remotely referring to a global pandemic, right?

Sorry bout them records, bros. Life be inconvenient sometimes. It's nothing personal, really, it's not. It's just life doing what life always do somehow, only this time it's happening to us and our records.

Deal with it, ok? And hang on, either a cure, or a vaccination, or some really amped up 3D printers are going to get here one of these days.

I think we all understand that not receiving some records or CDs are, in the scheme of things, minor irritants, especially in the middle of a pandemic where many are worrying about whether they’ll have a roof over their heads or a meal, and we’ll deal with it, just fine, thank you Capitan, but when lives are thrown upside down, it never hurts to get something off your chests. That’s what these places are for, right? 

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think we all understand that not receiving some records or CDs are, in the scheme of things, minor irritants, especially in the middle of a pandemic where many are worrying about whether they’ll have a roof over their heads or a meal, and we’ll deal with it, just fine, thank you Capitan, but when lives are thrown upside down, it never hurts to get something off your chests. That’s what these places are for, right? 

this

also, the USPS is how voting by mail occurs, absentee ballots included, and how rural folks get their necessities. So it's not just about our lost Discogs orders and inability to get rare records from Japan right now.

18 minutes ago, Brad said:

...it never hurts to get something off your chests. That’s what these places are for, right? 

No, that's what ERs are for (and if you have chests, as in more than one, uh...better load the car now and get to pedallin'). If you don't believe, just watch the TV Newses (I recommend KOCO-Video Channel 19)

Places like this are for serious music discussion, vacuous social commentary, and developing the Zen to make them into the same thing. At least that's what I'm here for. YMMV, of course.

That, and let's be honest - jazz forums are a GREAT place to meet chicks!

1 hour ago, Justin V said:

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I ordered a CD from a third-party seller on Amazon on Saturday morning. It arrived in my mailbox in Ohio from Washington on Monday.  It was sent by First Class, which makes the fast arrival all the more unusual.

First class is fine. It’s media that can be iffy. 

On 4/29/2020 at 3:59 PM, Brad said:

I received a cd today from Laurie Pepper which I had forgotten about until two days go. It was postmarked on March 23 from California and sent by media mail. Took over a month to get here. There’s hope for my other two packages. 

Glad you finally got it.  The infamous package from Dusty Groove arrived last week.  Two more packages one from Taiwan and somewhere else.

35 minutes ago, CJ Shearn said:

Glad you finally got it.  The infamous package from Dusty Groove arrived last week.  Two more packages one from Taiwan and somewhere else.

I’m still waiting on those two packages I had posted about; one was mailed on April 9, the other a day later. 

7 hours ago, Justin V said:

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I ordered a CD from a third-party seller on Amazon on Saturday morning. It arrived in my mailbox in Ohio from Washington on Monday.  It was sent by First Class, which makes the fast arrival all the more unusual.

6 hours ago, Brad said:

First class is fine. It’s media that can be iffy. 

I was just surprised that it arrived in 2 days with just being First Class.  Heck, I received a shipping notification after it had already arrived that gave a range of this Friday to next Friday.

The difference between first class and media mail is astonishing.

The small (1 CD digipack) media mail package I whined about above took exactly 3 weeks to arrive via a bizarre multi-looped tour. I had a bunch of first class letters to mail from work, required arrival around May 1. Scared by my experience, I mailed them early, but they arrived within a couple of days, so it turned out that I f**ed up by sending them too early. Since then, I've received a couple of small first-class packages that were comparably fast.

Edited by T.D.

6 hours ago, T.D. said:

The difference between first class and media mail is astonishing.

The small (1 CD digipack) media mail package I whined about above took exactly 3 weeks to arrive via a bizarre multi-looped tour. I had a bunch of first class letters to mail from work, required arrival around May 1. Scared by my experience, I mailed them early, but they arrived within a couple of days, so it turned out that I f**ed up by sending them too early. Since then, I've received a couple of small first-class packages that were comparably fast.

Which is why I sent off an unpleasant response to the shipping notice I received on an ebay purchase from the weekend. It was $4.75 buy it now, with free shipping.  I was so please I paid $4.50 more for expedited shipping and got a notice that my CD shipped, today, via media mail, the service I could have gotten for free. He better refund half of what I paid or their "perfect" rating won't be so perfect very soon.

16 hours ago, Justin V said:

When I purchase something nowadays, I request first class or priority. It’s a little more but worth the aggravation. 

The path of this package is unbelievable. A total fiasco. This package earns the award for “the USPS Sucks.” Never will I use media mail again, if I can help it.  By the way, Chatham is only a half hour from Chester, where I live.

Tracking History

May 8, 2020
8:54 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility,
QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

May 7, 2020
9:37 am

Arrived at USPS Facility,
CHATHAM, NJ 07928

May 7, 2020
8:31 am

Out for Delivery,