The USPS SUCKS

1 minute ago, jcam_44 said:

I have a record from Dusty groove and a cd from NY that have gone MIA but two separate cds from France arrive... who knows what the heck is going on. 

But I had a Dusty Groove order that arrived in 3 days.

OTOH I have another order from elsewhere in Chicago that seems to be f***ed up.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/31/2020 at 2:00 PM, Dan Gould said:

Well its kind of strange that the USPS still doesn't have it but they are at least now indicating that they are waiting for it in Atlanta, where Pitney Bowes says they've had it for 11 days, so there's that!

And remarkably, with no scanning at all between Atlanta on August 1, it was scanned as 'delivered' this morning.

But I still have something to gripe about, which is that a UK seller would use a paper envelope with one cardboard insert for shipping. Absolutely pathetic and the upper right corner is bent about three inches down and across. :excited::excited:

• 3 weeks later...

Well the PO has pleased me a couple of times but we're back to wondering what the hell is going on ... two packages, both now late several days, one in LA, one in NC, neither have ever shown departure scans and its six days since any update. Getting very annoyed.

4 minutes ago, jcam_44 said:

Louis DeJoy is a man who was appointed in May and never worked for the USPS. It has been a big thing in the news lately...

No shit.

Except the Post Master of Baltimore is a woman and a career postal worker. I know it's fun these days to not hold anybody responsible at the level local for fuck ups, but....

1 hour ago, catesta said:

No shit.

Except the Post Master of Baltimore is a woman and a career postal worker. I know it's fun these days to not hold anybody responsible at the level local for fuck ups, but....

And what does that have to do with anything?

Is the Post Master of Baltimore the same as the Post Master General?

Kinda like, words have meanings, or as that one guy said, facts are stubborn things?

10 hours ago, kh1958 said:

The shortest route to Dallas from Chicago is of course through Oakland.

That's because there's no there there!

On 8/9/2020 at 11:50 PM, Brad said:

You can probably thank that hack of a postmaster general.  

20 hours ago, catesta said:

You are probably right. She's only been with the USPS for 26 years and still has much to learn.

So the Postmaster General is NOT the Postmaster of Baltimore.

So was a rejoinder to one comment targeting a totally different person that the subject of that comment? appears so!

That is sloppy progression and displays undisciplined non-sequential though.

That does not exemplify an objective control of facts and the ability to track a problem through to a solution by staying on track and on point from start to finish.

Sounds more like Drunk Uncle thinking.

On 8/28/2020 at 10:31 AM, jcam_44 said:

Louis DeJoy is a man who was appointed in May and never worked for the USPS. It has been a big thing in the news lately...

I wonder who's appointing all these people who know nothing about the depts. they're heading?

Edited by sgcim

On 8/29/2020 at 4:32 AM, JSngry said:

So the Postmaster General is NOT the Postmaster of Baltimore.

So was a rejoinder to one comment targeting a totally different person that the subject of that comment? appears so!

That is sloppy progression and displays undisciplined non-sequential though.

That does not exemplify an objective control of facts and the ability to track a problem through to a solution by staying on track and on point from start to finish.

Sounds more like Drunk Uncle thinking.

Yeah, yeah, she's is in charge of the Baltimore post office, period. Do we always let local management of the hook? I mean, it's like saying a division manager has no responsibility for his or her division, it's only the CEO, or like saying the workers in the shop and in the field should not be accountable for their actions or lack of. Maybe the problem is with being understaffed, laziness, or maybe it's something else. Here is a fact, we do know this is not the first time citizens have complained about slow or lack of delivery in Baltimore or anywhere else (what is the title of this thread?). Dumping all the shit on a dude that has held the position since June 15th is a stretch.

Maybe he is a moron, or has no business running being Post Master General, but shit was fucked up before, it didn't just start in the last 60 days.

And for those of you amazed that people are appointed or hired for top jobs of which they have no direct experience or didn't come up through the system, are you kidding me? That shit has been going on for years, and happens in both government and private sector.