The USPS SUCKS

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

I'm confused, is/was anybody attempting to defend the postmaster of Baltimore? Where did all that come from?

Point by others = Baltimore mail woes blamed on Postmaster General.

My point =  Postmaster of Baltimore and local staff is more responsible for mail woes than a dude that has been in office for 60 days regardless of his previous experience.

31 minutes ago, catesta said:

My point =  Postmaster of Baltimore and local staff is more responsible for mail woes than a dude that has been in office for 60 days regardless of his previous experience.

I think the length of this thread shows how poorly the USPS has been operated for a long time and that we all concur on that front. It became exponentially worse with the new post master general, at least where I am. 

1 hour ago, catesta said:

My point is that they ALL fucked, and if the purpose of leadership is to find the sad song and make it better, then this is dvilworld leadership, to take a bad song and make it burn down worse and worse.

Baltimore is nothing that can't be fixed, but only by those who know where it's broke, how to un-break it, how to actually FIX it, and then keep it fized.

Ain't note of that going on here, so, top down until we can turn around.

Clownshow everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

On 31/08/2020 at 10:43 AM, catesta said:

No. That was your point only after it was pointed out to you that you didn't read the first post properly and skipped a word.

On 8/28/2020 at 8:51 AM, Dan Gould said:

Well the PO has pleased me a couple of times but we're back to wondering what the hell is going on ... two packages, both now late several days, one in LA, one in NC, neither have ever shown departure scans and its six days since any update. Getting very annoyed.

Progress but more aggravation. LA package is at 16 days; it showed up to Jax on the 31st and on to the local distribution center yesterday.  But not on the truck for Plant City. So minimum two days at distribution center and at least 17 days delivery time.

Meanwhile second package got to Jax a day later than LA box, September 1, and is out for delivery now. WTF?

2 hours ago, lipi said:

No. That was your point only after it was pointed out to you that you didn't read the first post properly and skipped a word.

Why? As far as I can see Catesta refererred to the Baltimore postmaster(ess) all the time when reference was made to the fucked up situation in Baltimore.

Whoever got the postmaster GENERAL in in the first place in connection with Baltimore got it wrong, not Catesta. The word that Catesta may have "skipped" was a word that did not belong there in the first place.

14 hours ago, catesta said:

Nah, I read it correctly and didn't skip shit.

Oh please. If you had read things correctly you would have said "It's not about the postmaster general, it's the Baltimore postmaster you should look at." Instead you said "she's only been with the USPS for 26 years."

You don't get to invent some unmentioned antecedent for "she."

So take your pick: you read incorrectly, or you skipped a step in your argument. There's no other option.

15 hours ago, Big Beat Steve said:

Why? As far as I can see Catesta refererred to the Baltimore postmaster(ess) all the time when reference was made to the fucked up situation in Baltimore.

Whoever got the postmaster GENERAL in in the first place in connection with Baltimore got it wrong, not Catesta. The word that Catesta may have "skipped" was a word that did not belong there in the first place.

That's still skipping the word, kids. If you want to take issue with the postmaster general being mentioned instead of some other official you feel is more appropriate, then you say *that*. They clearly didn't, but instead made a statement that could only be taken to refer to the postmaster general:

Brad: You can probably thank that hack of a postmaster general. 

catesta: You are probably right. She's only been with the USPS for 26 years and still has much to learn.

If you want to have a meaningful dialogue, you can't throw all decent rules of language, logic, and rhetoric out the window.

So, I'm guilty of not saying the head of the Baltimore post office is just plain postmaster?

Seems like a lot of back and forth over a simple comment, plus I thought I cleared up any confusion with my follow up post to the original, but I guess it was too late as the word police had already started an investigation. I am at least partially vindicated though, because at first you said I read incorrectly AND skipped a word, now it's either I read incorrectly or skipped a step, so my position has improved and I thank you.

Oh, and thanks for also pointing out that we can only have meaningful dialogue if you don't throw all decent rules of language, logic, and rhetoric out the window. This will now allow me to discount 75+% of what is being said on the news, talk shows, in print, out in public and by many politicians.

So I was visiting with Mom last weekend and as usual she hits me with some cash for my upcoming birthday. Decided to place two discogs orders for individual LPs I've been thinking about ... one is shipped from upstate NY, one from Milwaukee. Both arrived at their respective POs yesterday and both now show expected delivery Monday which happens be my b-day. So what are the odds I'll get these LPs "in time"?

With recent experience I figure by the end of next week, but hope does spring eternal.

All I can tell you is that Amazon seller CADNOR (Cadence North Country) must have their own private USPS force or something. Those guys get stuff to me consistently quickly, so quick that when they get here, I'm thinking it's something else from last week.

So...can we confirm that Bob Rusch is totally divested from this outfit now? Please say yes?

4 minutes ago, JSngry said:

All I can tell you is that Amazon seller CADNOR (Cadence North Country) must have their own private USPS force or something. Those guys get stuff to me consistently quickly, so quick that when they get here, I'm thinking it's something else from last week.

So...can we confirm that Bob Rusch is totally divested from this outfit now? Please say yes?

I know what you mean and in fact one of the Discogs sellers is CADNOR - but I still got Media Mail as the only option so it will be interesting if they have that private USPS force doing its thing here.

Didn't even think to check Amazon before the order but looking now, they are offering the same sealed LP but at $13 more than their Discogs page. I also checked the website directly and it wasn't listed at all. So I had to go with Discogs and Media Mail.

On 9/9/2020 at 10:20 AM, Dan Gould said:

So I was visiting with Mom last weekend and as usual she hits me with some cash for my upcoming birthday. Decided to place two discogs orders for individual LPs I've been thinking about ... one is shipped from upstate NY, one from Milwaukee. Both arrived at their respective POs yesterday and both now show expected delivery Monday which happens be my b-day. So what are the odds I'll get these LPs "in time"?

With recent experience I figure by the end of next week, but hope does spring eternal.

Yeah the USPS SUCKS.

Both packages departed Jacksonville FL about 5 pm Saturday night. Normal result would by Tampa no more than 24 hours later, then on to Plant City and my front porch the next day.

Instead, "in transit, arriving late". :angry:

11 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

Yeah the USPS SUCKS.

Both packages departed Jacksonville FL about 5 pm Saturday night. Normal result would by Tampa no more than 24 hours later, then on to Plant City and my front porch the next day.

The same thing recently happened to me. The package was way delayed to begin with, and then they said it was shipped to the post office in the town I live in in NY.

The next thing I knew it got shipped to Jersey City the same night that it was in my post office! I called them up and they said some BS about how it's got to follow an algorithm, and it would be sent BACK to my post office SIX days later! I told them it would take me an hour and change to drive to Jersey City, but they told me I had to wait for it to be delivered. I wouldn't mind if it were just some CD or something like that, but this was a medical package from Express Scripts. My union medical plan pushes ES for some reason, and who wants to go to a drug store in a pandemic when you can get it delivered to your home.

This was the last straw, I'm never using ES again.

14 minutes ago, sgcim said:

The same thing recently happened to me. The package was way delayed to begin with, and then they said it was shipped to the post office in the town I live in in NY.

The next thing I knew it got shipped to Jersey City the same night that it was in my post office! I called them up and they said some BS about how it's got to follow an algorithm, and it would be sent BACK to my post office SIX days later! I told them it would take me an hour and change to drive to Jersey City, but they told me I had to wait for it to be delivered. I wouldn't mind if it were just some CD or something like that, but this was a medical package from Express Scripts. My union medical plan pushes ES for some reason, and who wants to go to a drug store in a pandemic when you can get it delivered to your home.

This was the last straw, I'm never using ES again.

Is enrollment in Express Scripts voluntary.  I was under the impression it wasn’t. 

On 9/14/2020 at 6:24 AM, Dan Gould said:

Yeah the USPS SUCKS.

I should probably update this ... around 8:30 in the AM the tracking updated to "Arrived at Plant City" and "Expected Delivery September 15".  I had to ship an LP so I asked the woman at the front counter if someone could go find these two boxes, after all it was a b-day present. And she said,

"Oh its among 10,000 boxes that we won't start sorting until tonight. Were they shipped Media Mail? If we run out of time it might not get delivered until Wednesday."

She's damn lucky I didn't go off on her.

But there was a happy ending. I think that in this case, what SUCKS was the scanning/tracking. You see they showed up at 1:30 PM, the usual time for deliveries. I think they just didn't scan it for "out for delivery" ... in fact there should have been two scans between Jax and Plant City, for the stop at the local distribution center but there weren't any, just departed Jax, and arrived Plant City.

Anyway I got my b-day presents and have so far listened to this fairly unknown recording (I think) which is quite nice and highly recommended. Latter-day Basie reed section leader, his only leader date, Red Callender and Wig are the well-known names in the rhythm section.  

Screenshot 2020-09-15 090937.jpg