The USPS SUCKS

8 hours ago, bresna said:

If that's the case, I am just going to wait a few days to see what they say and just request a cancellation. These two CDs are out of stock everywhere so there is no way this seller is going to get any.

I’m sure that they must have a supplier who has them. I can’t imagine listing something they couldn’t acquire. 

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/29/2021 at 11:19 PM, Brad said:

I’m sure that they must have a supplier who has them. I can’t imagine listing something they couldn’t acquire. 

I inquired and asked when these CDs were shipped and my response was a full refund. It does not appear that this seller was going to be able to get these CDs in stock. If I had known that they were selling these without any stock, I wouldn't have wasted my time. That Blakey HQCD has been out of print for about a year.

3 hours ago, bresna said:

I inquired and asked when these CDs were shipped and my response was a full refund. It does not appear that this seller was going to be able to get these CDs in stock. If I had known that they were selling these without any stock, I wouldn't have wasted my time. That Blakey HQCD has been out of print for about a year.

That’s too bad he didn’t have them but not unsurprising. I noticed that someone had left him negative feedback complaining he didn’t have the item in stock. Fortunately, you got your money back. 

A few weeks ago I ordered a used cd via Amazon and later realised I already had it.  It went into the USPS system and never came out.  I used the Amazon site to inform the dealer who immediately refunded my money. It's better to be lucky than smart. 

On 4/26/2021 at 11:57 AM, bresna said:

Ordered a single CD from disogs seller. It supposedly shipped via Media Mail on April 5th. Still haven't received it, 3 weeks later.

So I messaged the seller twice, once to ask if they could confirm that the CD actually shipped on April 5th and again to ask for the USPS tracking number. No reply for 4 days so I had to open a ticket. Discogs actually suspends the seller's account until they respond.

18 hours ago, bresna said:

So I messaged the seller twice, once to ask if they could confirm that the CD actually shipped on April 5th and again to ask for the USPS tracking number. No reply for 4 days so I had to open a ticket. Discogs actually suspends the seller's account until they respond.

Man, you’ve had some bad luck lately. 

6 hours ago, Brad said:

Man, you’ve had some bad luck lately. 

It is strange that these two events happened back to back like this. It's been many years since I've had any problems... maybe even a decade or more.

On the positive side, if this discogs seller stiffs me in a way that PayPal can't give me a refund, it's not a lot of money.

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhat interesting tracking situation ... I had an LP coming from Denmark, and scheduled for arrival today, a scant six days after shipping and absolutely astonishing for the present global situation. Yet, I joked to my wife that they hit the brakes too late and ended up dropping it off at West Palm Beach - a wee bit too far south.

And yet.

Since then it's remained in tracking status "Expected Delivery by Monday May 17" while its been successively scanned at Fort Myers, Sarasota, Tampa and Ybor City. And now it has left Ybor City which would mean next stop, Plant City. 

And still: Expected Delivery Monday. So is it possible Plant City will send out a special truck to deliver today, once they get it?

I first expected two more days to get to me, and when I saw arrive Ybor City, I figured it wouldn't move again before the early morning hours, on the way to Plant City for regular delivery tomorrow.

And yet - usually they have been much quicker to change to "en route - arriving late" status then leaving the "delivery today" summary on the tracking screen.

Edited by Dan Gould

• 2 weeks later...

The Japanese postal authorities have announced they are resuming EMS (Express Mail Shipping) to the US. I received the following email from CD Japan.

Japan Post announced to resume shipping with EMS for the U.S.from June 1, 2021.

Due to rising transportation costs, Japan Post will introduce additional fees for EMS addressed to the U.S. effective of June 1. These additional shipping fees will take effect with CDJapan's shipping fees as well.

Note that a large increase in EMS items are expected immediately upon resuming its service and delivery may be subject to delays for the time being.

Following this update, these additional EMS fees will also apply to packages addressed to Zone 2.

[Zone 2]
North America
Oceania
Europe
Central America
Middle East

See here for Japan Post's Announcement
https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2021/0513_01_en.html

• 3 months later...

Haven't been any new posts here after Delta arrived, but I definitely have an f-ed up situation. Scheduled delivery September 7 from Denver, Media Mail. Reached Jacksonville the morning of September 3rd. Didn't leave Jacksonville until September 5, and didn't make it to Tampa/Ybor City in the usual one day.  It already shows as "Arriving Late" on this, the expected delivery day. That's total bullshit.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Via Media Mail:  Ordered from Dusty Groove on Monday evening, and got a shipping notice on Tue, 11/23.

The initial USPS estimated delivery date was supposed to be 11/30 (Tue next week), by 9pm…

But I just got word that it was delivered about 10 minutes ago — fully 4½ days EARLY!!  Again, via Media Mail.

• 3 months later...

I signed up for USPS informed delivery a month or so ago, so I knew that I had a package due to arrive. It supposedly came while I was at lunch. When I got home, there wasn't a package in the mailbox, though the rest of the mail was there.

This is what I don't understand about the USPS: packages seem to bounce around at random with no logic whatsoever.

It was shipped from LaVergne, TN on Mar 18, arriving in Smyrna, TN, the same day. Then off to Morrow, GA (just below Atlanta) on Mar 21,  then Jacksonville, FL (WTF?) on Mar 24, Memphis, TN on Mar 26, then supposedly arriving early this morning, Mar 28, at our post office outside Chattanooga and delivered today. 

I know it was lost locally, but why in the heck is a package going in so many directions instead of just shipping it across the state? I don't even know who sent it, though I presume it is a CD.

Edited by Ken Dryden

In my experience, sometimes the items in the USPS daily email do not show up for a day or two or three.

Also, I've received notice from the USPS that a package has been delivered, prior to its actual delivery, which might be later the same day, or a subsequent day.

1 hour ago, kh1958 said:

In my experience, sometimes the items in the USPS daily email do not show up for a day or two or three.

Also, I've received notice from the USPS that a package has been delivered, prior to its actual delivery, which might be later the same day, or a subsequent day.

Me too, on both counts.  Give it another day or two, maybe even three.  4 months ago I was all worried about a package I was really anticipating -- a vintage item off eBay (not just any old commodity item).  And I'd gotten a "delivered" notice, but no package -- only for it to show up 2 days later.  Sometimes I wonder if an occasionally mail carrier scans the wrong thing, or else scans something as being delivered with the fully intent to deliver it the next day (so their metrics don't look bad).  There are worse things in the world, so I'm not complaining.

I don't think I've ever(?) lost something entirely in the mail (USPS, or UPS or FedEx either for that matter) -- but I did have a vintage necktie I'd won on eBay go missing for two months (got a full refund from the seller) -- only to have it arrive 2 months later with a note from the seller saying it had come back them them 6 weeks after they'd sent it, despite having had the exact right address on the package, which was also encoded in the automatic barcoding info that the eBay shipping documents and labels generate.  She resent the thing again, and said to enjoy the tie, and not to worry about trying to pay her after all (the transaction was long since closed on eBay, and there would have been not way to repay her easily anyway).  The entire transaction was a hair less than $10, so it wasn't a huge deal either way -- but I was glad I did get the tie, which was a vintage design I'd never seen before otherwise (Rooster brand, no surprise, the square-bottom ties from the 60's).  This one had the logos(!) and names of about 8 different (then) contemporaneous commercial airlines, 90% of of which are long out of business now:  TWA, Braniff, maybe Qantas, I forget the rest.  So a VERY cool tie, that I'd never have otherwise.

Anyway, give it a little more time is usually the right answer.

I returned some CDs to a distributor last year and they took 42 days to get from Chattanooga, TN to Myrtle Beach, SC. This is probably a promo CD package but there is no way to tell from tracking who sent it. Part of the problem seems to be the closing of too many distribution centers and those that remain are overworked.