The USPS SUCKS

I'd hoped not to have to post in this thread but...

Purchased an LP on 23/5 from Tacoma, took a couple of days to get to Carson (via Seattle) where it sat for a week enjoying a Californian rest.  Since 2/6 it's been 'Moving through the network' 

Thankfully covered by PayPal and a helpful, so far, seller.

when do I give up on it?

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

when do I give up on it?

It's still too soon, IMO.  I'd say four weeks at an absolute minimum -- especially since it's got to hop the pond. 

More likely, you'll need to let six or eight weeks pass.  After that, I'd begin working on a refund.

My 2 cents.

49 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

I'd hoped not to have to post in this thread but...

Purchased an LP on 23/5 from Tacoma, took a couple of days to get to Carson (via Seattle) where it sat for a week enjoying a Californian rest.  Since 2/6 it's been 'Moving through the network' 

Thankfully covered by PayPal and a helpful, so far, seller.

when do I give up on it?

Early days yet. My last Mosaic shipment took several months with the tracking lost but it did eventually get here. The Horace Tapscott took less that a week !

Yes, I agree it's early days. Just goes to show how quickly most things turn up

17 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

It's still too soon, IMO.  I'd say four weeks at an absolute minimum -- especially since it's got to hop the pond. 

More likely, you'll need to let six or eight weeks pass.  After that, I'd begin working on a refund.

My 2 cents.

Thanks, I tend to agree.

.  It'll probably appear over on the east coast at some point then leap over the water from there. 

PayPal covers for 180 days so may as well give it a good chance

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Warning to those shopping at Dusty Groove: Take their delivery estimate with a grain of salt for Express Mail. The USPS is screwing things up like my package is media mail. It bounced around the Chicago are for several days, made it to Knoxville, Chattanooga, then rerouted to Nashville. Maybe I will get it a week after it was shipped. They must throw stuff in random bins for fun.

As for Dusty Groove, I have pleasantly discovered that media mail does not take 1-3 weeks as described, but rather is on par with First Class the vast majority of the time.  Chicago to Kansas City, maybe that is part of it, straight shot.  This has saved me some coin.

1 hour ago, Eric said:

...I have pleasantly discovered that media mail does not take 1-3 weeks as described, but rather is on par with First Class the vast majority of the time.  Chicago to Kansas City, maybe that is part of it, straight shot.  

I have discovered the same thing sending media mail Houston-Miami and Dallas-Miami, the item arrives in 3 days.

3 minutes ago, Ken Dryden said:

Good news! I emailed Dusty Groove about USPS incompetence and received a $10.90 credit since the order didn’t arrive within the delivery window. They take care of customers!

Interesting. I wonder if DG can get that back from USPS (I’m assuming $10.90 was your shipping charge) — or if Dusty just eats it.