The USPS SUCKS

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A new way for them to suck. Box of LPs due today, left Jacksonville on the 25th -  normally that would often mean delivery yesterday on the 27th. Instead "moving thru the system, arriving late." There is no way for it to take more than 3 days to go from Jax to Tampa when I can drive it in 3 hours or less.

34 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Maybe it's Florida that sucks?

Well we did have another item get dropped off one town too soon (fixed the same day, so kudos) and another item that sat at the local PO for three days before getting on a truck. So yes add Florida to the list but it also has to include Tennessee since a package went from Memphis to Phoenix recently.  And Indiana where Pitney Bowes says they handed it off and the USPS still says nuh-huh.  

3 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

A new way for them to suck. Box of LPs due today, left Jacksonville on the 25th -  normally that would often mean delivery yesterday on the 27th. Instead "moving thru the system, arriving late." There is no way for it to take more than 3 days to go from Jax to Tampa when I can drive it in 3 hours or less.

I would hate to be ordering LPs in this heat. Don't you have to worry about warped records?

7 minutes ago, bresna said:

I would hate to be ordering LPs in this heat. Don't you have to worry about warped records?

Haven't been ... and those that have made it here have been OK (some of these orders were CDs and even cassettes).

19 minutes ago, bresna said:

I’ve ordered a couple and no warping but as soon as they come I place them in a cool place for quarantining. 

10 minutes ago, JSngry said:

oh my, sounds like you are doing some SERIOUS spelunking! :tup:tup:tup:tup:tup

hey, you gotta go where the stuff is. and sometimes that's where it is.

Well, this is the *other* copy the seller has:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HAL-SINGER-SOUTH-AFRICA-AFRO-JAZZ-8-TRACK-SOWETO-TO-HARLEM/164258992881?hash=item263e9952f1:g:SkkAAOSwcFBe5y~6

I couldn't find an eight track player with output to PC so I went with the cassette copy.

On 7/28/2020 at 8:18 AM, JSngry said:

Maybe it's Florida that sucks?

Somebody sucks, that's for sure.  It's now 11 days since the last scan of a package from the UK, and on top of that Pitney Bowes still says it is in Atlanta while the USPS still says they are waiting for it in Indiana. This is f-ing ridiculous, even if, ironically, we're still 7 days from when eBay says is the earliest to expect the package.

27 minutes ago, Dan Gould said:

Somebody sucks, that's for sure.  It's now 11 days since the last scan of a package from the UK, and on top of that Pitney Bowes still says it is in Atlanta while the USPS still says they are waiting for it in Indiana. This is f-ing ridiculous, even if, ironically, we're still 7 days from when eBay says is the earliest to expect the package.

When NJ was going through the pandemic, I waited two months for a package going from NY to NJ, a trip of about 50 miles. With Florida now in the throes, it’s just going to take time. 

But its not even reached Florida. To all indications its in a netherworld between Pitney Bowes and the USPS and possibly not even in the right city.  Right now my hope is that its not getting scanned but coming this way anyway.  

Well its kind of strange that the USPS still doesn't have it but they are at least now indicating that they are waiting for it in Atlanta, where Pitney Bowes says they've had it for 11 days, so there's that!

In the meantime, CD from upstate NY (Cadence successor company) took two days to delivery in Florida. And Cadence system sent like three emails about the status including a delivery notice when it was in the mailbox. So good on them, and in this case, good on the USPS.

1 hour ago, Dan Gould said:

In the meantime, CD from upstate NY (Cadence successor company) took two days to delivery in Florida. And Cadence system sent like three emails about the status including a delivery notice when it was in the mailbox. So good on them, and in this case, good on the USPS.

Amazon seller CADNor (which is surely Cadence) has been knocking it out of the park lately!

Credit where due:

Baden PA to Plant City, shipped July 30 and arrived today;

Durham NC to Plant City, shipped July 31 and arrived today. That gets a :blink: because it was a big box o' cheap records from Carolina Soul.

Both Media Mail - as long as they go on the truck Monday morning I'll have a bit of restored faith in the good ol' PO.

USPS at it again. Package from Dave Rempis in Chicago sent 1st Class on July 29. Made it to Albuquerque. Then went to Santa Fe where I live. Instead of being delivered, it went backwards to another town in New Mexico called Rio Rancho where it appears to be stuck. Hopefully will move back to Santa Fe & then get delivered. So near but so far.

1 hour ago, jlhoots said:

USPS at it again. Package from Dave Rempis in Chicago sent 1st Class on July 29. Made it to Albuquerque. Then went to Santa Fe where I live. Instead of being delivered, it went backwards to another town in New Mexico called Rio Rancho where it appears to be stuck. Hopefully will move back to Santa Fe & then get delivered. So near but so far.

Do Santa Fe and Rio Rancho have similar zip codes? If so, that happens sometimes.