The USPS SUCKS

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look, after all the bullshit he gave me earlier in this thread, I think I've at least earned the right this one time.

This one time? You are a fucking joke. And you can't fucking read for comprehension.

No shocker.

Please get an adult to read and explain my entire post to you.

Edited by Scott Dolan

So my Eddie Condon box from Mosaic was shipped more than ten days ago via USPS media mail. I checked my shipment notification and saw that there was a tracking number. Googled USPS tracking, put in the number, and learned that it sat in Jersey City for a week before arriving in Atlanta, then next day n Memphis and is now in Bell Gardens Ca. I don't know whether I should be pissed that it's taken so long or impressed that I'm able to track it.

• 1 month later...

To the well once more, with an order placed yesterday at Da Bastards.

It was accepted by USPS very quickly this time, scanned twice so far. And maybe it will get here tomorrow, as scheduled.

But as you can see by the attachment, the damn thing has sat in IL for 16 hours at this point. How can they accomplish two day delivery when almost half that time the thing never moves?

:wacko:

post-42-0-03226100-1434739143_thumb.jpg

Well credit where it is due as the package arrived at 9:30 this morning. But at the same time I find it remarkable that it was never scanned when it departed Chicago, and never scanned at it's local hub (West Palm Beach or Miami), for entry or deprature, it just showed up at my local PO at 3:30 this morning.

So clearly there scanning/tracking isn't fool proof.

BTW, now I have a uniform for record hunting in the future:

tshirt~~~~~_dustygroo_103b.jpg

Blue Train in front sealed the deal. :g

• 2 months later...

I rarely if ever had issues with the usps but just in the last 12 months two things happened.

First a rather rare Duke Pearson record called "wahoo" got sent to my Washington address via insured media mail and it never turned up.  7 months later it's still not here.  The last tracking update just says it left origin facility..so it disappeared somewhere along the way.

This afternoon I just checked the tracking on another album I bought and I see it's been delivered to some address in Michigan.  The problem is my address is in Washington!  I suspect in this case, however, the seller is probably to blame...likely shipping it to wrong buyer by mistake.  Oh the joys of online record buying :(

Just had a Priority Mail Flat Rate envelope take eight full days to go from DFW to Sacramento, and it looks like it left DFW on time and didn't stop anywhere in between. Huh?

fwiw, the counterman at our P.O. advised us that the Sacramento area was "slow sometimes"...anybody got a light to shine on that one?

Just had a Priority Mail Flat Rate envelope take eight full days to go from DFW to Sacramento, and it looks like it left DFW on time and didn't stop anywhere in between. Huh?

fwiw, the counterman at our P.O. advised us that the Sacramento area was "slow sometimes"...anybody got a light to shine on that one?

Probably just a shitty group up there in Sacramento? I'm constantly missing monthly magazines and forever have them dropping off other people's mail in the PO box. It's not much better at the home box either. Most of the fuckin' letter carriers in NY don't even wear uniforms anymore. Sleeveless t-shirts, shorts, flip flops coupled with an "eat shit and die" attitude. Dip shit letter carrier in AZ insists on walking through my fucking lawn on the day's he decides to stop by.

Edited by catesta

Credit where credit's due:  Dusty Groove shipment accepted 7 pm Thursday, in my hands in south Florida 10 am Saturday.

I noticed the tracking went straight to Chicago Metro, where as before it would be scanned at two locations in IL so maybe they've tightened up the process for getting stuff on it's way?

Probably just a shitty group up there in Sacramento? I'm constantly missing monthly magazines and forever have them dropping off other people's mail in the PO box. It's not much better at the home box either. Most of the fuckin' letter carriers in NY don't even wear uniforms anymore. Sleeveless t-shirts, shorts, flip flops coupled with an "eat shit and die" attitude. Dip shit letter carrier in AZ insists on walking through my fucking lawn on the day's he decides to stop by.

I had multiple incidents (at least a dozen or so) of missing packages over the past couple of years at my PO  box. And, like you, I would often get other people's mail in my box. The worst part about it was the complete lack of concern or assistance by the post office staff there. These packages showed to have been delivered to the post office, but I never received a pickup notice in my box for them. When I brought this to the attention of the staff, they acted as though I were bothering them. EVERY. TIME. Their typical response was "Well, did you track it online?" to which I replied "Yes. And it was delivered here." They would then go in the back to "look" for it...and come back to simply state "Well, it's not here..." Seriously. And if I were to ask them to look into the matter further, their attitude worsened and it quickly became obvious that they simply weren't going to be of any help whatsoever. I finally had to switch my box to another post office a few miles away. After doing that, I only wished that I had done it sooner. The staff is MUCH friendlier and goes out of their way to help. And the number of missing packages I've had since changing my box to this post office 8 months ago? NONE. 

So, my advice: if you're repeatedly having problems getting mail in your PO box, try another post office. You might get lucky and find a good one. :) 

• 1 month later...

So - I order a CD from Driff Records. it gets shipped 1st class with a tracking number. It never gets delivered. Website says delayed.  I contact USPS with all of the info. & get a reply saying sometimes mail gets lost. No way to trace. Maybe it'll show up in "90 days". I contact Pandelis who says we'll send you a replacement. I advise him to use UPS.

USPS SUCKS!!!

Oh, it sucks even more!!!

Been waiting for an LP from an Italian dealer.  Since I've noticed eBay sellers who refuse to ship to Italy, I wondered how things would go, coming back this way.  Well, it got here, about ten days total which seems a bit long for "International Priority" but it's really the USPS that dropped the ball. See, it was a rainy south Florida Saturday, and we came home from a day trip to find the LP laying flat on the driveway by the garage door, soaked so badly that the cardboard just broke apart in my hands.  Jacket ruined.

Thanks USPS!  NOT!!!!!

I'm thinking there's gotta be some ugly budget-driven scheduling weirdness going on right now...we frequently don't see the mail truck until 7 PM or later, and in the nearly 25 years we've lived at this address, the delivery has never been past 4:30 PM except when a truck broke down, and that had only happened, like, 2-3 times. Ever.

On 11/15/2015, 12:27:04, JSngry said:

I'm thinking there's gotta be some ugly budget-driven scheduling weirdness going on right now...we frequently don't see the mail truck until 7 PM or later, and in the nearly 25 years we've lived at this address, the delivery has never been past 4:30 PM except when a truck broke down, and that had only happened, like, 2-3 times. Ever.

Yeah, the USPS has been closing/consolidating mail processing centers for at least the past couple of years. These are the bigass facilities where all incoming mail for a city or region is ingested before it gets distributed out to the local post offices and from there to the carriers. They claim there should be no impact to service, but then they turned around and warned people to add a day to the expected delivery window for first class mail. 

Houston used to have two mail processing centers, one attached to the main post office downtown and another one north of town. They just closed the downtown post office/processing center several months ago, sold the property, and consolidated all operations into the remaining processing center. Hard to believe, but Houston no longer has a post office downtown, just a much smaller facility a few blocks outside of the downtown core. They used to keep the downtown post office open until midnight on April 15th to accommodate last-minute tax filers, so the procrastinators are now going to have to presumably not procrastinate quite so much, or run the risk of a late filing penalty.