billie holiday with helen merrill at a 1956 party

l p

LF screws up the last eight on the first video, but gets it right on the second video (or at least gets to the iii chord at the right time).

Those pictures of HM are getting me excited :crazy: , Aaron Sachs was a lucky man, until he woke up one morning, and both the piano and HM were gone!

here's another version in one (but same duration, so slow as well, I guess):

and a comment from the uploader:

This is my Christmas gift to you guys, a VERY rare recording of Billie Holiday singing a duet with jazz singer Helen Merrill in November of 1956 at jazz critic Leonard Feather's New York apartment.

The story behind this recording is that Leonard Feather was throwing a little get together, and jazz singers Lady Day and Helen Merrill were present. At the beginning of the tape, Billie is singing a song called "Ghost of Yesterday", a beautiful song she recorded in 1940. She asks Leonard Feather (who is playing the piano) to play "You Go to My Head" a song well known in Billie's repertoire. Leonard originally asks Billie to sing "I Cried for You", another Holiday hit from her heyday, but soon obliges, and Helen Merrill is laughing in the background.. A clarinetist (Tony Scott perhaps?) is also present, and Billie asks him to play pretty, for she's not too fond of clarinets (she mentions Benny Goodman and Artie Shaw). She begins to sing "You Go to My Head" and Helen begins to hum along, and then Billie offers her to sing, and they end up singing the song together in this wonderful recording.

Hope you guys enjoy, and I hope you guys have a great holiday season and a happy New Year!
-nigel1034, The Billie Holiday Experience