New Releases vs Archival Releases

Justin V

Maybe I'm alone here, but I've long thought that it would make sense to have a separate subforum for archival releases rather than have them included with the new releases. That, or change the reissues subforum to includ archival releases. Is this a good idea, or does it not really matter (I guess it could be a good idea and not really matter...).

How many "archival releases" are we talking about? Has anyone reviewed the forums for new releases and reissues to identify the number of titles that would likely qualify for this proposed archival forum? If it's only a handful over a period of months, is there really a need for it?

I agree with Justin V. "Archival Releases" are entirely different from new recordings by active artists. We should think about it.

and the're also different from reissues - car guy analogy here, three different things: used parts (reissues), new old stock (archival) and newly made parts (new release). so do new or old performance /after market parts = remixes, or have I just confused things to no end?

How many "archival releases" are we talking about? Has anyone reviewed the forums for new releases and reissues to identify the number of titles that would likely qualify for this proposed archival forum? If it's only a handful over a period of months, is there really a need for it?

The new Carter/Bradford certainly will be good enough for several months!

But do we need an extra sub-forum, I don't know ... would only be useful, I guess, if some old threads got moved there as well.

The new Carter/Bradford certainly will be good enough for several months!

But do we need an extra sub-forum, I don't know ... would only be useful, I guess, if some old threads got moved there as well.

Of the first 15 threads in New Releases at this moment, four are archival, one is reissues, one is a plug for something on soundcloud, and one is about a website. The other eight are about new commercial releases.

I would like to see Archival either put in with Reissues or with its own thread.