Miles Davis: The Bootleg Series Vol. 4

BFrank

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand too S. What puzzled me was leading off with the second disc sounding not good. . . I have had this material in boot form and I was really impressed with the sound of it on this set, this is the disc I've listened to most since getting the set, love the music and very happy with the sound. Mono, but mono doesn't bother me; you can hear everyone well.

Ready for Vol. 5!

No, just my eagerness for the next in this series.

that's what i thought the first couple of times that you said it. but after that, for some reason, it made me think of scientologists and how they try to push their ideas onto people.

No, just my eagerness for the next in this series.

that's what i thought the first couple of times that you said it. but after that, for some reason, it made me think of scientologists and how they try to push their ideas onto people.

Lon can defend himself, but that's ridiculous IMO.

Not sure I can see what end that would have if it were my intention. It's not. I'm just loving this series, and don't know what more to say about this installment. . . I've learned to hate collecting bootlegs and want more of this great music as official releases. I know they could never crank them out fast enough for me, but I'm hoping for more. We'll probably see another next year.

Edited by jazzbo

Amazon.de yesterday told me not to expect it before August 6.  We'll see.

My shipping notice also says to expect arrival Aug. 6. As you said, we'll see.

Arrived today. Took a week. Pretty fast IMO.

Mine arrived yesterday.  I was wondering if someone in the food chain didn't like me!  :D

Edited by GA Russell

They ship from any warehouse, no matter whether you order from the French, Italian, Spanish, German or UK site. And the French of course invented the guillotine a while ago ... but I guess today others should get acquainted with it as well, besides royals.

They ship from any warehouse, no matter whether you order from the French, Italian, Spanish, German or UK site. And the French of course invented the guillotine a while ago ... but I guess today others should get acquainted with it as well, besides royals.

Dentists. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I finally got around to purchasing this, which was inevitable, and I have spent most of my time listening to disc 2, the Second Great Quintet material.   I really do enjoy it, and as I have been thinking where I would rank this relative to Miles in Berlin, Complete Plugged Nickel, and Bootleg Series, Vol. 1, I wonder if others have thoughts on how this ranks.  Plugged Nickel is still the champ for me.  The number 2 spot, however, is open, with Berlin being #4. 

• 2 years later...

Late to the party, but I finally gave a listen to this.  Great set, loved the 1973 material.  But... I was very interested in the 1975 track, since I was at that show, and was surprised by the bad bootleg sound quality.  I know there was a tape circulating on ROIO.  Has anyone heard that - is the sound quality any better?

• 1 year later...