Post a Landscape/Cityscape Pic

I really like the Post a Pic thread but it seems to ping pong between pictures of people and pictures of places (plus plain daft pictures). [Which, of course, might be why it works so well]

Thought I'd try out a separate one for 'places' - own pictures, nice pictures from the net, paintings, whatever. Inevitably there will be people in many of the places (as there are places behind people).

Here's one I took at Avebury, Wiltshire last weekend just playing with the IPhone panoramic function. No skill involved at all - the camera did it all:

Avebury%20Panoram_edited-1.jpg

Never been able to get so much of it in before.

Edited by A Lark Ascending

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wiltshire (and surrounding chalklands) always make me think of the female body. All those curves and folds. A landscape for the voyeur!

http://b.geolocation.ws/v/W/File%3AWiltshire%20downs.%20-%20geograph.org.uk%20-%201770515.jpg/-/en

Wiltshire_downs._-_geograph.org.uk_-_177

Here's another nice one:

30_UK14-565_Tree_clump_Wiltshire.jpg

http://www.robertharvey.net/_photo_13096872.html

Gosh. Not what I think of when I hear the word Atlanta,

Here's a very different landscape:

79d2acbf0725ac5115f961026e369da3.jpg

Casper David Friedrich - Hills and Ploughed Field near Dresden. 1824

My favourite painter. First came across him on Penguin book covers; then was knocked out by his paintings in the gallery in Berlin c. 1978.

1820-22+Meadows+near+Greifswald+oil+on+c

1820-22 Meadows near Greifswald

10359244_675589575842392_112945814115562

Sunday morning in August in the Mississippi Delta, off New Africa Road south of Clarksdale. I took this picture with a cheap camera, which did have a panorama mode, around 1995 or so.

Bev, thanks for the Avebury picture. I cherish the afternoon I spent there around 20 years ago.

Sunday morning in August in the Mississippi Delta, off New Africa Road south of Clarksdale. I took this picture with a cheap camera, which did have a panorama mode, around 1995 or so.

Bev, thanks for the Avebury picture. I cherish the afternoon I spent there around 20 years ago.

Avebury and Clarksdale. Both mythical landscapes.

Here's what my everyday landscape looks like:

Trams-in-central-Manchest-007.jpg

:tup:tup ....... just what I was looking at last weekend, visiting my son in Manchester.

It's that Northern Powerhouse again!

Avebury and Clarksdale. Both mythical landscapes.

Here's what my everyday landscape looks like:

Trams-in-central-Manchest-007.jpg

:tup:tup ....... just what I was looking at last weekend, visiting my son in Manchester.

It's that Northern Powerhouse again!

I told you it's Dounreay:

Dounreay_from_Sandside_BayL_tcm4-570220.

That make's sense. In our Alice in Wonderland world 'one nation', 'blue collar' and 'working people' also seem to have changed their meaning.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."

That would, of course, be the 'aspirational' Humpty Dumpty?

Aspiring to be put back together again.........

Edited by mjazzg

That would, of course, be the 'aspirational' Humpty Dumpty?

Aspiring to be put back together again.........

:tup

3277900570_d649f42069_b.jpg

I took this photo of vocalist Kenny Washington from the "lovely" Green Room of Dizzy's Club Coca Cola looking out across Central Park and the East Side skyline in NYC a few years ago, with a crappy little camera.

Edited by marcello