Post a Landscape/Cityscape Pic

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's interesting Chris. I spent '71 to '80 on and off in Burton. . . . My Dad had the "church on the square" from '71 to '97. I hated it then. And Burton itself hasn't really changed much. Chardon, where the park in the picture is, has really grown. My fiancee lives in Chardon but off in the woods near Munson township. Man it's beautiful!

I was farther away in Chagrin Falls and Bainbridge. It was great back then, having Geauga Lake and Sea World close by. I still love north east Ohio.

My parents bought a house in Hudson in 08 to give laid back Ohio another try in their twilight years. I would make regular treks from NY. My sisters through convinced them to sell it after a couple of years and move to AZ so they could be taken care of and close to grand kids.  So I lost my my weekend vacation spot a few years ago.

Yes, Chesterland and Bainbridge were definitely more "civilized" than out in the country in Geauga! I really love being in Geauga now, and remember how miserable I was in the 'seventies there! I had just come back from five years in Africa which was paradise for me. . . it was a rude awakening to be in small town Ohio! 

Now when I wake up and all I can see out the windows are trees rustling in the wind and all I can hear are birds. . . it's so nice. :)

Too bad about your summer getaway in Hudson, it's pretty there.

Edited by jazzbo