David Gitin R.I.P.

Oh geez....sad to hear that. My interactions with him here always left the impression of a kind & gentle spirit. And he was nice enough to pass along some positive things that I had said about Patti Waters on the board here to her directly, and that resulted in everybody's spirits being lightened and brightened.

So yes, Rest In Peace, David, a peace worthy of that which I saw you strive to create in your life here.

Yes, fine poet:

The Ocean

bones

of dead fish

at my shoes

day

settles in the calm of a Coltrane

ballad

you don’t know      what love is

an ache away from the desperate     all

or nothing at all

This was posted by Ron Thorne over on the Jazztalk.net site:

++++++++++++++++++++

I'm sorry to have to share this very sad news with our members. David will be sorely missed by his many fans and friends here and around the world.

The following is from another site, posted by Gloria Avner, who also is the artist responsible for the lovely portrait of David. Sincere condolences to Gloria and David's family.

Gloria Avner here. Nearly six years ago, David Gitin and I restarted a relationship begun as teens. It survived a 42 year hiatus. Yes, it's a a good story. I am sorry to tell you, dear poets, musicians, artists, students, old friends of David's, that he left us last night. The Gary Peacock Trio took him to the stars. The best news is that he is free from pain now and was able to reunite with his beautiful daughter and granddaughter after 5 years away in his last 5 days. He rallied when he saw Diana Victoria Lal and Nico Wilbur, these two shining beings, and his face lit with love. Know that he put together that last book (with the help of gifted and generous George Mattingly) with the intent that it be a gift for you. Rest in peace, David. We miss you already.