LF Transition label LP TRLP-18

Looking for Transition LP TRLP-18 "Jazz Down Beat" by Jay Migliori. Lord discography lists this LP but other sources say that the LP was never released. Perhaps it was issued by another label, such as Blue Note or Delmark, or by another title. The LP TRLP-30 "Jazz In Transition" booklet shows track listing and picture of this session and the LP has one of the TRLP-18 songs (Something's Gotta Give).

It is likely that this session was never actually released as an LP. It probably exists only as a magnetic tape. The tape, if it still exists, is probably stored somewhere on a shelf or in a box of miscellaneous music. Hopefully the tape will eventually show up where it can be produced as an LP or on a CD.

Please PM me.

Dan. 

Edited by Stonewall15
More information.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Regarding Transition TRLP-8. My suspicion is that the session consisted of only 3 songs and was never released. "Train's Strain" was issued on TRLP-30. All three including "High Step" and "Nixon, Dixon and Yates Blues" were issued on the Paul Chambers Mosaic Select #5. It is possible that there were additional songs but I doubt it. According to my Transition LP discography the session was on April 20, 1955. The Chambers Select shows a date of April 20, 1956, which is probably a typo..

• 1 month later...

Bump. Still hoping for a miracle

On 6/5/2023 at 4:05 PM, Stonewall15 said:

Regarding Transition TRLP-8. My suspicion is that the session consisted of only 3 songs and was never released. "Train's Strain" was issued on TRLP-30. All three including "High Step" and "Nixon, Dixon and Yates Blues" were issued on the Paul Chambers Mosaic Select #5. It is possible that there were additional songs but I doubt it. According to my Transition LP discography the session was on April 20, 1955. The Chambers Select shows a date of April 20, 1956, which is probably a typo..

!

On 1/22/2023 at 12:24 PM, Stonewall15 said:

No progress. Still have hope!

6 hours ago, jlhoots said:

I admire your persistence.

3 hours ago, sonnymax said:

AFAICS, this isn't persistence, it's insistence. There's a difference.

Bresna seemingly has put more effort into trying to resolve this issue than anyone here. That's Kevin, helpful to a fault. To be clear, my comment was not directed toward him.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...