Has the bottom fallen out of the Mosaic market?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Tjazz said:

He’s making copies of the set. That is an unauthorized copying. FWIW, I’ve reported him. 

Just now, jazzbo said:

I can see this happening. If I were to pass this week and my wife were to have to deal with my collection she'd see the discs first and sell those and then later find all the boxes and booklets in storage. . . .

Yeah, I've actually written a letter for my heirs as part of my will pointing to the need to put them all together!!

gregmo

1 minute ago, Big Beat Steve said:

@jazzbo &gmonahan: You never refer to the large booklets (not the small session detail listings inside the jewel cases) when you listen to your Mosaics? And even put them out of reach in "storage"? :o

"Storage wars" fare one day, maybe, then?

The booklets are all shelved right next to my recliner! But they are separate from the cds, which are shelved with all my other cds in alphabetical order. The boxes, on the other hand, are in my storage shed! So the three components are in different places--only slightly different for cds and booklets.

As Danny Kaye used to say, "Get it? Got it? Good!" :P

gregmo

18 minutes ago, gmonahan said:

The booklets are all shelved right next to my recliner! But they are separate from the cds, which are shelved with all my other cds in alphabetical order. The boxes, on the other hand, are in my storage shed! So the three components are in different places--only slightly different for cds and booklets.

As Danny Kaye used to say, "Get it? Got it? Good!" :P

gregmo

Speaking of Danny Kaye, my favorite thing I have ever seen on network television is this episode of the 80's Twlight Zone, called "Paladin of the Lost Hour".   Based on an award-winning Harlan Ellison story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paladin_of_the_Lost_Hour

Closing narration is :

“Like a wind crying endlessly through the universe, time carries away the names and deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we were, all that remains is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment. A blessing of the 18th Egyptian Dynasty: God be between you and harm in all the empty places you walk.”

OK, back to storing your Mosaic sets, or lamenting that they aren't selling on demand at $200 anymore.

Image result for danny kaye twilight zone"

1 hour ago, Misterioso said:

Ouch

2 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Wasn’t there someone on the Board who had many of their boxes destroyed due to a youngster using them for Playtime construction projects? :o

As I remember it, it was one box (Andrew Hill?) used as a drawing board for the kids in the backseat of the car. Then, suddenly, the box was gone. 

3 hours ago, Big Beat Steve said:

@jazzbo &gmonahan: You never refer to the large booklets (not the small session detail listings inside the jewel cases) when you listen to your Mosaics? And even put them out of reach in "storage"? :o

"Storage wars" fare one day, maybe, then?

Honest to gosh I avoid blows to the head and brain cell destroying things and I have a pretty darned good memory, not "photographic," but pretty darned good. I read those booklets a few times before storing them, and I remember what I need to from them. I do on occasion pluck a few out to peruse while going through the sets, they are in climate controlled storage and in a cabinet I can access easily.

1 hour ago, mjzee said:

You a badass!  :D  Do you also throw out OBI strips?

I always threw out obi strips. In fact, for my first purchases of TOCJ CDs, I pulled out the staples from the booklet and threw out the Japanese liner notes and just kept the folded up paper with the English liners. :) I don't do that anymore, but at the time, they just made the booklet thicker and harder to pull out so I got rid of them.

17 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

Perhaps weirdly, I had kept all the OBIs from the Conn series (not in a climate controlled cabinet), then on a whim threw away HALF of them. And kept the other half. Why?

Obviously symptomatic of a deep ambivalence: resentment towards having to keep them, vs. worry about ramifications of discarding them.  This can be treated, however!  Just make an appointment.