WTF Bill Cosby!!!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A simple, at least to me, question: Where's the fun in having sex with a woman who's been rendered semi-unconscious with Quaaludes? It is just the virtual guarantee that there will be no or virtually no resistance, or is there something about the woman's comatose state that in itself is a turn on? And if it's just or mostly a) rather than b), how/why would her being comatose not be a turn off? Sorry to be spoil your breakfast, but wouldn't it be almost literally ghoulish? 

From an AP article about the request for complete transcripts of Cosby and his victims' testimony:

" 'Although some of the women engaged in consensual relations with Cosby, their accounts substantiated defendant's alleged predilection for somnophilia', Troiani wrote in her motion Wednesday, referring to a term used to describe someone aroused by having sex with an unconscious person."

Helen Merrill = Tantric

Luded Chick = Ventriloquist Dummy

Unconscious Chick = Murderless Necrophilia

Tantric is all the further that appeals to me, but Ludes were big in the 70s for both dudes and chicks, so....but...really? You want to BE the waterbed? Different strokes, I suppose, although, you call those strokes? And SO not even Tantric.

But that whole knock'em out first thing, that's some piss-poor excuse for manliness right there. Off to jail with that shit, and this time EVERYBODY gets to stay awake.

He's finished.

He is.  Selfishly, I'm very unhappy about it because I adored his comedy--listened to his classic records when I was in high school, later on enjoyed the show, all that.  And now I can't even imagine hearing his voice without thinking of him having sex with unconscious, often unwilling, women.  A serial rapist, right out there in front of us.  Nasty.  Just nasty.

I grew up in Philly when he was just starting out and I have always admired him. Til now. We can perhaps take some little consolation in the fact that when I most admired him (the sixties) he was probably not doing this. Or maybe we can't.

What a horrible series of actions. He's going to end up poor and possibly imprisoned. Or I secretly hope so.

Great people/horrible things....horrible people/great things...no rhyme no reason, except when there is, and then there isn't, until there is again, lather rinse, repeat.

I encourage everyone to read that post again and again.

Miles Davis physically assaulted women. 

Do we think less of his music? 

Separating the art from the artist is a necessary evil. 

You aren't compromising your morals by enjoying Cosby's comedic genius any more than you are by appreciating Miles' musical genius. 

Edited by Scott Dolan

When you do a thing like that to someone, not saying he did until it is proven he is guilty, it is not about sex it is about abuse of power over someone else. People do make mistakes. When it occures a number of times, one should seek help to deal with such a need.
I did enjoy watching him act and really do not want to believe he did all this. Maybe because I'm a woman I will have a bit of trouble with still respecting his work should this turn out to be true. I've never had that feeling about Bill Clinton, not that you can compare the stories really, although that was abuse of power too.

Edited by page

he did it and he's a serial rapist; much worse than even Miles and I don't really care about good person/bad art or bad person/good art; he's a rapist, and this info, btw, has been around for almost 20 years. 15+ women did not conspire together and plan this, and not all truth has to be determined in a court of law (they never actually tried 90 percent of German war criminals).

and not watching him is not, for me, any great loss; he was entertaining, but not on the level of, say, Lenny Bruce, Richard Pryor, or about 15 other comics.

also, Larry, to add: there was a story recently about a woman raped while under the influence of qualaudes, and a witness testified that she seemed out of it but placidly aware. So, it is possible that Cosby deluded himself into thinking it was consensual.

he did it and he's a serial rapist; much worse than even Miles and I don't really care about good person/bad art or bad person/good art; he's a rapist, and this info, btw, has been around for almost 20 years. 15+ women did not conspire together and plan this, and not all truth has to be determined in a court of law (they never actually tried 90 percent of German war criminals).

and not watching him is not, for me, any great loss; he was entertaining, but not on the level of, say, Lenny Bruce, Richard Pryor, or about 15 other comics.

also, Larry, to add: there was a story recently about a woman raped while under the influence of qualaudes, and a witness testified that she seemed out of it but placidly aware. So, it is possible that Cosby deluded himself into thinking it was consensual.

All of this I agree with completely.

this isn't guilt through popular vote; these are depositions and VICTIMS testifying for over 20 years, Scott, and a deposition that Cosby himself made in a legal forum admitting purchasing drugs for 'seduction,' AND - a judge who was so disgusted with Cosby's facade of fake innocence that he released everything.