Question re Dusty Groove

mjzee

Probably has one long mark that clicks on two of five tracks. Or, scattered light marks but no groove wear.

That's a good record; mine has a pink and black cover, and there's a red-and-green one (shades of Song For) that is pretty sick looking.

I looked long and hard at it, and looked elsewhere too. But from the tracklist I found on discogs.com it sounds like a set of second takes of tracks from Volume 1, which I already have. So I let it be.

Hey guys whenever the Chicago PO get it to me, I get that stuff moving on quick:g

There you go, ladies and gentlemen of the universe, Dan Gould representing America better to others than America represents itself to itself, friend of some, hero to all, gettin' it done in spite of itself, hello, Dan Gould, Jazz Record Hero!

:excited::ph34r::cool: :g

In the past six months, since I installed my turntable, I've purchased between 125 and 150 LPs from Dusty Groove.  One of them had a noticeable skip and none had pops, clicks, or hisses that interfered with the music.  I visit them every two weeks and dutifully trek home with my pile of vinyl that ranges in price from 1.99 to 119.99.  I'm pleased as punch to have them in the neighborhood.  My only unpleasant experience was when I tried to trade an item for credit that I had mistakenly purchased elsewhere.  Obviously in business to make a profit, they lowballed the item and them sold it for double within 24 hours.  Gotta love Capitalism.  

The best store I ever knew for trade-ins was Jazz Cat (IIRC) in Columbia SC.  Big sign that said "if you buy a record and don't like it, it is now a used record. Trade credit will be given accordingly."  But once they realized how much I was spending with them, one day they just started to give me 100% store credit and from then on I had a "bring it home and test play it" deal.  It was awesome.

I would think 100% markup on a shrink-wrapped collectable 5 LP Record Store Day box set might seem excessive in a business where many brick and mortar stores are working on 30 %...but the more I think about it, more power to them.  I love their selection and I can at least visually inspect the albums... try that on eBay.  And those brick and mortar stores for the most part no longer exist.

• 3 months later...

I just visited the store for the first time last weekend.  They have an interesting way of arranging their cds (strict alphabetical order by artist, but no artist tabs--just letters of the alphabet).  I'm not sure it's particularly customer-friendly, but the people working there certainly were.  Found a couple of interesting cheapies in the bargain basement for 50 cents a pop and took home a couple from upstairs as well.  I'd go back were I in the Chicago area again.

gregmo