Lost a screw from my SK2 !

Snakehips

Hi there !

I had a gig this afternoon at the Edinburgh Jazz&Blues Festival.

We were the 2nd of three bands on.

After we finished playing, there was the usual clamber to get all our gear off the stage.

As I loaded my SK2 into my flight case, I noticed a screw missing from the top of the keyboard.

It was the left-most large Philips-head screw and washer - one that holds down the whole control panel.

As the final band were doing final set-up before starting to play, I had a mad-scramble on the floor of the stage to try and find the screw.

One of the stage guys found the washer and luckily I then found the screw about 5mins later.

My SK2 has not been gigged heavily and has a very good protecting flight case, so I have no idea why this screw could have loosened off so easily. The screw is quite short, so I suppose it doesn't need to unscrew much, before it falls out.

Just thought you SK series owners will want to know this and check that none of you guys end up a "screw loose" !!!!?!!

I recently went around every screw on the SK2 and tightened them. The same thing used to happen to my XK3. The screws would get loose over time. I actually lost almost all the bottom screws on one of my XK3's and didn't know it until I was setting up for a live radio broadcast and the XK3 was so flimsy from the lack of screws holding it together that it was wobbling around something awful.

I would suggest carrying a small Philips head screwdriver and tightening the screws on the SK every four months or so.

Hi guys,
while I have no clue what those screws look like. I do have a solution for this problem I've used on other gear that doesn't need to be taken down every time. Put a little drop of weak glue (not the one that will last for ever like the 2 seconds one) at the place the screw needs to hold. When the glue dries, it will hold the screw and it won't move. Of course carrying a screw driver is a solution too. You could also use hairspray for it, but I don't figure you guys would carry that with you to a performance. :D
Kind regards, page

Edited by page