Quick! What is the longest single jazz track that's good?

GA Russell

Michael, that's an interesting idea.  I remember seeing Ravi Shankar in Monterey Pop.

BillF, I think your Duke at Newport suggestion is great!  I bought it a couple of years ago for maybe 99 cents!

The Amazon rep suggested that maybe the Charles Tyler is now longer available.  Well it so happens that we have the label's owner right here.  Chuck, what say you?  Is Saga of the Outlaws no longer available at Amazon as an mp3?

Sorry for the bum suggestion, GA. When I purchased the CD from Amazon, I noticed the mp3 offered at a very low price. But I don't do downloads (poor connection at home), and didn't realize that the Amazon link led to a completely different product.

Though not as lengthy as some other suggestions, at 13:26 "Funky Blues" might be my choice.

It is the only opportunity to hear Charlie Parker, Johnny Hodges and Benny Carter together on one tune.

You also get to hear Ben Webster, Flip Phillips, Charlie Shavers and Barney Kessel on that same tune.

Though not as lengthy as some other suggestions, at 13:26 "Funky Blues" might be my choice.

It is the only opportunity to hear Charlie Parker, Johnny Hodges and Benny Carter together on one tune.

You also get to hear Ben Webster, Flip Phillips, Charlie Shavers and Barney Kessel on that same tune.

Terrific track!

Terrific track!

:tup