Quick! What is the longest single jazz track that's good?

GA Russell

I have a $1.00 Amazon mp3 credit which will expire July 31, the day after tomorrow.

I have rarely purchased an mp3.  It's not my style.  I'm not interested in a $1.00 discount on an mp3 album. 

But since I'm in a "use it or lose it" situation, what do you recommend I spend the dollar on?

Thanks!

I have a $1.00 Amazon mp3 credit which will expire July 31, the day after tomorrow.

I have rarely purchased an mp3.  It's not my style.  I'm not interested in a $1.00 discount on an mp3 album. 

But since I'm in a "use it or lose it" situation, what do you recommend I spend the dollar on?

Thanks!

Not jazz, nor a single track, but you could get four and a half hours of Bach and still have a penny leftover.

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Summer-Box-Bach-Guild/dp/B008J7FEK2/

Edited by bluesoul

Thanks!

Not jazz, nor a single track, but you could get four and a half hours of Bach and still have a penny leftover.

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Summer-Box-Bach-Guild/dp/B008J7FEK2/

Those are some truly incredible values (esp. Big Guitar Box and Little Big Debussy Box).  I'll have to check it out one of these days.

How about "Meditations" off of Mingus' Cornell 1964 recording?  It's more than 31 minutes.  "Fables of Faubus" off the same record is nearly 30.

Only caveat: These tracks are $1.29 at amazon, so you'll have to chip in 29 cents to buy one of them with your one dollar credit. 

When I get those $1 credits, I just buy a pop single that I like but would never obtain otherwise...I think the last one was "Playboy" by Gene & Debbie...No, it was "Keepin' It To Myself" by Ben E. King w/the AWB, that's what it was, right when Ben E. King died. I had a credit and that was a good thing to use it on.