How to get the entire world to hate you... Poor Cecil.

I don't understand what would compel anyone to kill a lion, let alone any animal unless you are going to eat the meat. This a-hole that first shot the lion with a bow and arrow, and then ended the lion suffering 40 hours later with a bullet, is one the biggest shitheads on the face of the earth. Maybe if anything positive comes out of this, it will alert the world and more conservation with come out of this.

American dentist Walter Palmer was vilified online after it emerged he was the hunter behind the killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe. Twitter users called for him to be shot and skinned after the famous lion was found dead after an alleged 40-hour hunt.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/30/us/cecil-the-lion-walter-palmer.html?_r=0

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/world/cecil-lion-walter-palmer-social-reaction/index.html

Unfortunately 'big game' hunting happens all the time, it just usually doesn't make the news. I see posts on FB with pictures like this of creeps with their dead elephants, giraffes, puma cougars more often than I care to think. I'm glad this has sparked such a big outcry, though. Maybe it will make these people stop and think about what they're doing (but I doubt it).

I find it hard to express my anger and distaste for this individual. Scumbag should be stripped naked, covered in fresh blood (not his own) and dropped back in the bush. He'd then soon realise what hunting really is. What it isn't is using advanced technology (guns, vehicles, crossbows, gps) to find and kill, from a safe distance, magnificent wild creatures. The man's a coward more than anything else

There have been calls for the prosecution of the American dentist, with two other men involved in the hunt appearing in court in Zimbabwe on Wednesday to face poaching charges. Cecil was lured outside the reserve’s boundaries by bait before he was killed.

When I was in Zimbabwe in summer 1997 we visited this wildlife park, I believe it was near Bulawayo, where many rhinos had found sanctuary. Anyone going outside of their vehicle could be shot on sight by the park guards.

I'm just saying I'm OK with any extremely harsh sentence being meted out to this lowlife.

Armed rangers guard last northern white rhino male

The world’s population of northern white rhinos is down to five and the Ol Pejeta Conservancy is home to three of them, including the last remaining male—which is being guarded by armed rangers around the clock

http://www.grindtv.com/wildlife/armed-rangers-guard-last-northern-white-rhino-male/#5d2KllHsDEg3r5hH.97

safe_image.php?d=AQCMIxWxpO-i7imQ&w=487&

I'm reminded of Ike Turner: "I didn't hit her more than the average guy beats his wife."

Sometimes, you know, times really DO change, but not everybody figures it out all at once. This Minnesotan Lion Killing Dentist is probably still wondering what the real problem is, he was all legal with it and it's something that happens all the time, so, what, right thing, wrong place, wrong lion, damn social media and stuff like that, and, no, asshole, that's NOT it.

I agree with the comments about poor Cecil, but something else that's really shocking is just how rich dentists as a group have become. Getting dental treatment is becoming unaffordable for many people. Even with a very limited amount of insurance, I feel like a big game trophy when I visit my dentist. 

If Palmer is somehow convicted by U.S. felony charges for trafficking in endangered species -- and does jail time -- he'll experience what it's like to be mounted and stuffed.

LMAO.

Jericho, brother of Cecil the lion, was killed by a hunter on Saturday....

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3182428/Cecil-s-brother-Jericho-shot-dead-poachers-Zimbabwean-park.html

No, tell me this isn't true.