Hank Mobley Mosaic

TedR

I was doing searches on various topics and came across numerous posts in 2003 and 2004 advising to buy the Mobley next because it would surely be sold out soon. Here we are almost 12 years later and the Mobley is still available with numerous sets sold out that came out after the Mobley with no sign that it is close to being listed as "running low". Why is this not selling? 

I have to say, I purchased this set because of what in retrospect was a silly completist impulse, expecting it to be routine and semi-generic hard bop.  I guess some of the albums in this set fall into that bucket, but overall, I think it's a very strong combination of musicians and compositions.  If you think there's any chance that you'll like it - you probably WILL like it.

we're talking abt the cd vers, rt?  i bought a 2nd one maybe 5 yrs ago i got a # in the 4700 range out of 5 and the reason i bought it then is cause it finally came up as running low in the catalogue and i thought it was time to do it.  you mean its still for sale when all the others from that time are long sold out?   i dont get the catalogs anymore...:(