Concert Schedule: October 18 at I BEAM

AllenLowe

I continue to be underwhelmed by Organissimo attendance at my NYC concerts, but I'm like a bad nickel; you can't get rid of me;

here is the schedule for our October 18 Concert/open recording session at I Beam in Brooklyn; music starts at 3 PM:

1. Loren Schoenberg will be doing a solo piano set called Micro-Cosmics, a post-Frank Melrose/Hoagy Carmichael fusion of ersatz modernity in the post-post-modern age of jazz 

2. Kelly Green will perform several solo piano pieces that were written in reference to, or as variations on, Mary Lou Williams 1954 solo piece I  Loved Him

3. Pianist Ursula Oppens will perform in a trio with me and clarinetist Ken Peplowski of various of my original works

4. A group with: Shayna Dulberger on bass, Ava Mendoza on guitar, me on alto, Miki Matsuki on drums; a 10-15 minute disconnected suite on the notion of personal abstraction and the blues.

5. A quartet of myself on electronics and alto (and possibly banjo); Ray Suhy on guitar and banjo; Jake Millett on sampling, electronics, etc. Plus an extra player or two. This is our Americana segment built on pre-war blues and hillbilly song forms.

6. A sextet - me, alto; Kirk Knuffke trumpet, Paul Austerlitz clarinet, Kevin Ray bass, Lewis Porter piano; Jeremy Carlstedt, drums.  5 or 6 more 'straight ahead' pieces, inside and out, my own approach to the post-bop universe and including a piece for Jaki Byard.

7. A nine-piece band, something of an elaboration and expansion of a program we did at Spectrum a few years back; with: Lou Grassi, me, Kevin Ray, Hayes Greenfield, Paul Austerlitz, Randy Sandke, Bobby Zankel, Christopher Meeder, Lewis Porter - my own ADHD version of a big band. Working Title: The Five Stages of Grief/Meditations on Disintegration,