Eddie Gomez
Bass
Willard Dyson
Drums

David Meade
Percussion

(one track)

80098879-f72c-41a2-8165-7185de52d822.jpg  

New York, September 2, 2015 - For his first collaboration with bassist Eddie Gomez and drummer Willard Dyson, esteemed pianist Bob Albanese offers Time Remembered, an interior exploration through memory. The recording, on Mayimba Music / Sony, is a reflective and restorative tableau of thoughts and feelings, a work of passion intensified by the untimely deaths of Albanese's mother, along with a mentor and close friend.

"It's a record which I hope will awaken a listener's private muse," Albanese says. "The tunes are standards and portraits derived from my personal history." This musical journey was recorded in a night-long studio session.

A master of stylistic versatility, Bob Albanese is equally at home in jazz, Latin, world, classical and theatrical musical settings. He has performed, arranged and/or recorded with notables, such as Al Foster, Anita O'Day, Buddy Rich, Ira Sullivan, Freddie Hubbard, John Benitez, Gil Goldstein, Steve Kuhn, Bill Mays, Brian Lynch, Bobby Sanabria, Steve Slagle, Rita Moreno, Leslie Uggams & Bill Watrous.

The pianist-composer-educator has toured all continents extensively. His engagement with the Honolulu Symphony Pops led to collaborations with Phil Woods, Jack Elliot, Branford Marsalis and James Ingram. Other career highlights include positions as leading pianist at the Rainbow Room in New York, Jazz Ambassador with his band Café Simpatico, musical director for Ben Vereen and Tony Award winner Paulo Szot.

Albanese has composed a number of original works including songs with lyrics, jazz tunes, pieces for Philharmonic Orchestra and Jazz Orchestra. As an educator, Albanese conducts clinics and workshops worldwide.

TRACKS
  1. Time Remembered 5:36
  2. Isfahan 4:56
  3. El Raton 5:38
  4. Pastels (Waltz For George) 5:16
  5. Herbie 4:07
  6. Pensativa 7:10
  7. Furmina Daza Suite 9:46
  8. The Place 3:53
  9. Changes 5:33

For further info please visit http://mayimbamusic.com.

2f291c2e-fa68-4cc2-83eb-0e1984e89a98.jpg

"It's a record which I hope will awaken a listener's private muse," Albanese says. "The tunes are standards and portraits derived from my personal history."

All the best to Bob, but I am confused - is this music supposed to be about my private muse or about his personal history. I don't even know this man so why is he trying to put his personal history all up into my private muse? Or I am supposed to awaken with this condition and think it to be a natural outgrowth of living the life I've led.

Not sure I'm trusting this guy GA, have you ran your own background check on him? Kindas sounds either governtment-y or sex-offendr-ish (there's no bathrobes in the promo packs, are there?), something wanting to get inside my head with something of his. errrrrrrr.....

This whole private/personal merge thing with a total stranger....Yes, I am confused.