GAD Records - Polish Jazz (and more)

GAD Records

Hi all, it's my first post - I'm quiet reader for some time and I think some other readers might be interested in what I'm doing :)

And what I'm doing? I'm running label GAD Records, dedicated mainly to polish jazz, rock, soul & funk from past. We have in our catalogue (among others) unreleased recordings by Jerzy Milian, Zbigniew Seifert, funk masters Alex Band and - it's fresh release - reissues of two important releases by Krzysztof Sadowski: "Na kosmodromie" & "Three Thousand Points". We're working also with artist from Czech Republic, diggin' through Jazz Q archives and working on reissues series of jazz/funk gems from Supraphon archives. Gustav Brom LP "Polymelomodus" will be first.

Every CD in classic jewel case, booklet with liner notes (always in english) and (usually rare) photos.

You can check whole catalogue on our website:

http://gadrecords.pl/en/catalogue

We released "Bazaar" (incl. other studio recordings by trio - one radio session) and "Semiramida" (all known live recordings of trio). More Milian tapes soon, there is a lot interesting stuff in his archives.

I think our (non-existent) German skills and (partially-existent) English skills should be playing well with Your Polish skills :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, finally someone from my region :).

I strongly recommend to watch what those guys are releasing! 

Fusion lovers - pick two album by Krzysztof Sadowski ("Na Kosmodromie" and "Three Thousand Points"), both with 20-minutes wicked suit with organs, synths, ring modulators, flutes and all those crazy things; Jazz Q "Live 1975" - supreme jazz-rock by Czech band and - surprisingly - one of the best live fusion recording that was oficially released! [Return To Forever/Jean-Luc Ponty style]

Also both albums by Alex Band will suit all fans of jazz-funk in Brecker Bros/Crusaders/Ronnie Laws mood - fine grooves and nice soloing.

"Bazaar" by Jerzy Milian is a classic Polish jazz LP, but also the "Semiramida" compilation is really kickin'! Too me it feels just like Charles Lloyd Quartet, with this slighlty free-jazz attitude.

And for those who don't mind a bit of guitar-focused progressive rock playing, SBB "Warszawa 1980" is a real killer.

• 4 years later...

There are some nice treats from the sublabel od GAD, Chickadisc: