boat people

Chuck Nessa

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good! I'll have to think up a sig too - maybe something snide about the superiority of 60s hardbop...

I got it, I got it!

"J Larsen

Ken Burns Was Right!"

Even if you don't agree, it's the perfect nails-on-blackboard signature to tick him off!!! :o

I got it, I got it!

"J Larsen

Ken Burns Was Right!"

Even if you don't agree, it's the perfect nails-on-blackboard signature to tick him off!!! :o

Excellent!

Here are the others I thought of on the way home:

"We came. We saw. We conquered." (Simple, to the point, arrogant - should be enough to piss him off)

"I steal homeless kids' collection cups to buy OOP reissues" (Don't know if you saw it, but at one point he implied that we ought to be ashamed of ourselves for buying cds and that we should instead be giving money to charity - I could have sworn I already did give to charity...)

Edited by J Larsen

Guest Chaney

Dan:

Love your comments directed to teacher P-Rock over at the AAJ.

It's really a shame that it had to come to this but P-Rock would have been wise to emulate Jazzy and play nice.

Also, P-Rock seems to be without a sense of humor. Not too much fun pounding on him as he's too often just in a lather.

That guy's a jerk. I'm almost twice his age and I realize I still don't know jack you-know-what. But I won't anybody run me off from anywhere. The only guy I don't care to tangle with was Chris A. but I'll miss his posts and his clashes with Heaney. The post a while ago of what Chris would say to hardbop if they ever met, "Luke I am your father!" was one of the funniest things I saw on the old board. Another classic was hardbop's reaction to some new reissues: "Tom, once again, you've managed to disappoint me."

Another classic was hardbop's reaction to some new reissues: "Tom, once again, you've managed to disappoint me."

A classic. What droll understatement. The "once again" part cracks me up every time.

When I tire of my current signature line, I may just use that Hardbop quote. ;)

Ray

Ding dong the witch is dead!

Here's the latest message from the dude who sent Chuck packing from AAJ:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Pharaohrock

I said you won. I'm not going to hang out here. Have your forum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:g

Guest Chaney

Note the time of P-Rock's proclaimed departure:

03-11-2003 01:02 PM

Note the time of his review of Kenny Garrett's Standard of Language: 03-11-2003 02:09 PM

He's not going anywhere.

Guest Chaney

Even though I have joined in the dogpile on P-Rockhead from time to time, I think ignoring him is likely far more damaging to his ego than bickering with him.

Agreed.

He (along with Wingy) is on my ignore list. Terrific feature that.

I'm in good company over here. Good to see familiar usernames! What's up everybody.

I don't think I've ever visited the allaboutjazz.com bulletin board, but I've always enjoyed reading B-3er's posts at Blue Note, so it made sense to me to check this place out. Great job Jim!

I like all of the extra features this board has, the company is most important though. Feels like a fresh start!

Sitting back, listening to the head of Limbo from Sorcerer right now, thinking about a bowl of ice cream!

Hello Everyone. Took me a few days to get around to registering. Thanks for the nice board Jim. :D

I've been wandering around the past few days. I've been a member at Harlem for a while. WAY to slow there. I posted at BN right up to the bitter end. :( I also tried putting up a couple of posts over at Jazz Corner. As usual, they got ignored. VERY cliquish over there I've found, though they seem to have welcomed Jim S. I've never gotten responses to my posts there, so it must be me. Oh well.

I registered at AAJ as some of you have probably seen. That seems like a decent board as well, that one idiot notwithstanding. I like this board as well. Lots of familiar names :)