boat people

Chuck Nessa

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also tried putting up a couple of posts over at Jazz Corner. As usual, they got ignored. VERY cliquish over there I've found, though they seem to have welcomed Jim S. I've never gotten responses to my posts there, so it must be me. Oh well.

Ed,

Which threads did you post to over at Jazz Corner? I missed them myself!:)

I have always posted over at Jazz Corner... just not usually about Jazz. I usually post in The Alley and usually about wine (one of my other passions).

Later,

Kevin

VERY cliquish over there I've found, though they seem to have welcomed Jim S.  I've never gotten responses to my posts there, so it must be me.  Oh well.

I doubt it's you, Ed. I've got a VERY small amount of "name recognition" over there from my musical endeavors over the years. That probably accounts for whatever welcome I've received, that and the freindly "cross-posters" like Kevin, Omar, Uli, Jim Dye, and a few others who know me from both boards. But it IS a more diverse bunch over there, "socially" speaking, than I had imagined. Pick and choose (and wait), I suppose, is the way to break in over there, if that's what you want.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I VERY much like the vibe here, and that it's a ".org" rather than a ".com". Even if this site never blossoms into a megasite (maybe it will, maybe it won't, it's cool either way), it's great to have a place to hung out with old friends away from the outside world, cyber or otherwise. I've always dug hanging at after hours clubs, and to know that right now there's an after hours joint open 24/7 is just WAY too cool!

Edited by JSngry

VERY cliquish over there I've found, though they seem to have welcomed Jim S.  I've never gotten responses to my posts there, so it must be me.  Oh well.

I doubt it's you, Ed. I've got a VERY small amount of "name recognition" over there from my musical endeavors over the years. That probably accounts for whatever welcome I've received, that and the freindly "cross-posters" like Kevin, Omar, Uli, Jim Dye, and a few others who know me from both boards. But it IS a more diverse bunch over there, "socially" speaking, than I had imagined. Pick and choose (and wait), I suppose, is the way to break in over there, if that's what you want.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I VERY much like the vibe here, and that it's a ".org" rather than a ".com". Even if this site never blossoms into a megasite (maybe it will, maybe it won't, it's cool either way), it's great to have a place to hung out with old friends away from the outside world, cyber or otherwise. I've always dug hanging at after hours clubs, and to know that right now there's an after hours joint open 24/7 is just WAY too cool!

I've tried striking up a few conversation there periodically over the few years I've been on line. Very little response - it's a tough bunch.

When the Blue Note Board first started to unravel I was hoping I did not have to go over there to get my jazz fix. I'm glad that this board and AAJ have filled the void. I still lurk over there on occasion to see if I can get any infomation, though.

I, too, have found myself checking in at the B3-er site first and I suspect soon to be only. I like the feel of this place. I like the ORG and I like the management style. AAJ is okay but I really don't like being told what I can and cannot discuss. Then there's that dipsh*t Pha-rock and the unexpected arrival of some unsavory types from another BBS, who shall remain nameless. (I don't need that again)

Damn, that cigar smells good. Now, I think I'll just have another sip of this fresh Guinness draft. ;)

Just stumbled in here today.

I've spent the last week or so on the AAJ board and think it has potential.

But it seems to attract a few blinkered know-alls; and one dreadful, legendary in his own lunchtime individual called D E E P (I recall reading about him on the BNBB, but have never come across him). He's doubly irritating because he seems to actualy know something!

I like the rather more easy-going, tolerant approach here.

My only regret with the demise of the BNBB was the dispersal of the posters. Let's hope the Lost Tribes can find themselves back to one place.

My record collection is immeasurably richer as a result of the years I spent at BN.

Congratulations, B3-er for putting this place together so quickly. I'm flabbergasted! (we still get flabbergasted in the UK...its all those castles and stately homes...)

Hi Jim,

You've got a nice site here. O.k. People have been recomending it to me for the last week or more. You know who you are, guys! Anyway I've been lurking just to see how much of the venom would tranplant itself before making my descision. It looks like some nice topics and real conversations are taking place instead. Kudos for taking the extra burdon on yourself, but this place does seem way more congenial and intelligent than both the last months of the BNBB and sorry to say the last two weeks of AAJ, which didn't seem to like "new blood" or new opinions, which may be the real crux. Good to see more of the old regulars here too.

Take care,

Gary