2015 Organissimo Football Pool

Aggie87

Reminder to all those who are going to play this year, the first game of the season is tomorrow night (Steelers/Patriots)!

Anyone interested in joining that hasn't played with us before, jump on in!

The Pool is hosted on CBSSports.com

Vajerzy is our benevolent leader.

Edited by Aggie87

Yeah, well, ...

Hey, much to the relief of most of you, I promise this year NOT to say ANYTHING about anyone (specifically or generally) submitting their picks after kickoff, although I still recommend submitting your picks for each week as soon as you can after the Monday night game as you can always revise your picks later.  I just think that inevitably there will be a controversy one year because of this that might result in some ugliness.

Good luck to all of you (except our two resident wimps)!

;)

Yeah, well, ...

Hey, much to the relief of most of you, I promise this year NOT to say ANYTHING about anyone (specifically or generally) submitting their picks after kickoff, although I still recommend submitting your picks for each week as soon as you can after the Monday night game as you can always revise your picks later.  I just think that inevitably there will be a controversy one year because of this that might result in some ugliness.

Good luck to all of you (except our two resident wimps)!

;)

Ok.... I'll motion that if you don't get your pick(s) in the website by kickoff, then you're out of luck.

CBS Sports has a smart phone app allowing you to put your picks in via your phone- so you have multiple ways to get your picks in.

Thoughts?

Ok.... I'll motion that if you don't get your pick(s) in the website by kickoff, then you're out of luck.

CBS Sports has a smart phone app allowing you to put your picks in via your phone- so you have multiple ways to get your picks in.

Thoughts?

Works for me.  I know Conn picked the Steelers above (snicker), so his pick should count, but I don't think Matthew made his picks.  I know he saw the msg I sent him on FB, so perhaps he's not playing this season.

And I guess the "other" Soulstation isn't playing this season either.  

I'll quietly go along with what everyone else decides is fair.  I do NOT want to be seen as the one who made this game something less than fun - I honestly was NOT trying to stir things up.  I also realize that most of us are very busy at any given moment, and that there are any many more pressing matters that might result in someone forgetting to timely submit their picks.

IMHO, I think that it is a pretty harsh result if forgetting to submit your pick for a game automatically results in you getting no point for that game.  The unintended consequences of this might be for the pool size to shrink over the course of each season (and from season to season) as those who forget to submit their picks just give up because it is next to impossible to make up those lost points in what is often a closely contested contest.

I propose instead that if you forget to submit your pick for a game, then you are considered to have chosen the team that was favored for that contest.  Only in the event of a PICK spread would a player automatically get no point for a particular game.  (OR, we can just leave the things the way that they are, giving considerable leeway to those who forget to submit their picks.) 

Looks like the squeelers lost another one then started to cry foul regarding headsets. Can you believe this? An ass whomping brings up the cheater's accusations.

With regret, I'm sitting out the season. It's a year of change for me, as I attempt to relocate to Florida.  Lots of work ahead involving job change, selling home, etc. I'll watch you guys anyway.

Edited by connoisseur series500

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...