New Releases/October/Constant Sorrow

AllenLowe

well, been working hard, and some have pre-ordered; there is light at the end of the tunnel;

Coming in October on Constant Sorrow Records and Tapes:

1) Matthew Shipp Plays the Music of Allen Lowe; with Kevin Ray, Peter McLaughlin, Eliot Cardinaux, Chris Klaxton, me, Michael Gregory Jackson, Matt Shipp

and from our new In the Diaspora of the Diaspora series:

2) Ballad For Albert (me, Matt Shipp, Kevin Ray, Jake Millett)

3) We Will Gather When We Gather - with me, Hamiet Bluiett, Matt Lavelle, Ras Moshe Burnett, Ava Mendoza, Lou Grassi, Kevin Ray, Jake Millett

4) Man With Guitar: Where's Robert Johnson? with Gary Bartz, me, Jeff Fuller, Brian Simontacchi, Jake Millett, Lewis Porter, DJ Logic, Christopher Meeder

5) Where a Cigarette Is Smoked By Ten Men - with me, Zoe Christiansen, Kris Day, and Miki Matsuki

all are $11 shipped for Organissimo members (these are real CDs) -

Price is:

2 for $20

3 for $27.50

4 for $30

5 for $10,000.00

my paypal is alowe5@maine.rr.com

Edited by AllenLowe

• 1 month later...

well, been working hard, and some have pre-ordered; there is light at the end of the tunnel;

Coming in October on Constant Sorrow Records and Tapes:

1) Matthew Shipp Plays the Music of Allen Lowe; with Kevin Ray, Peter McLaughlin, Eliot Cardinaux, Chris Klaxton, me, Michael Gregory Jackson, Matt Shipp

and from our new In the Diaspora of the Diaspora series:

2) Ballad For Albert (me, Matt Shipp, Kevin Ray, Jake Millett)

3) We Will Gather When We Gather - with me, Hamiet Bluiett, Matt Lavelle, Ras Moshe Burnett, Ava Mendoza, Lou Grassi, Kevin Ray, Jake Millett

4) Man With Guitar: Where's Robert Johnson? with Gary Bartz, me, Jeff Fuller, Brian Simontacchi, Jake Millett, Lewis Porter, DJ Logic, Christopher Meeder

5) Where a Cigarette Is Smoked By Ten Men - with me, Zoe Christiansen, Kris Day, and Miki Matsuki

all are $11 shipped for Organissimo members (these are real CDs) -

Price is:

2 for $20

3 for $27.50

4 for $30

5 for $10,000.00

my paypal is alowe5@maine.rr.com

So how much is it really for all 5?

whoops, should have been  a little more accurate - will do 5 for $37.50 during the introductory period -

all the preorders should be out by tomorrow; I hope we filled everything correctly, as it got a little bit confusing; please let me know and I will fix any errors; going to NYC on Wednesday, back the 19th; though of course will have access to email.

Got mine today, thanks! Skimmed through and first impressions are very good... I actually didn't intend to do any proper listening tonight but i started listening to the album with DJ Logic (Man With Guitar) and got hooked, am about half way through now and yeah this is great stuff. 

I received my package over the weekend. Since Allen suggested it may be the unexpected sleeper of the bunch, I started with When A Cigarette is Smoked by Ten Men. Glad I did. It is excellent. As Allen stated on another thread, the Young Ms. Christiansen is particularly impressive, but the recording in its entirety is a very cohesive and thoroughly engaging document. Today I moved to We Will Gather When We Gather. I listened to the first half of the disk during my morning commute. Much "straighter" than I anticipated, but so far all the soloists are in fine form. Thanks for all this music Allen. I still regret that I was unable to get to Brooklyn this past Sunday, so it is very consoling to be able to immerse myself in these new discs for a while.