About Man On The Moon

Luciano

I wish to known what is the first pressing of the 7 inches record by Ornette Coleman MAN ON THE MOON:

Is it: STATESIDE 2C 006-90643 M   or: IMPULSE! 45 275? 

Again: someone suggest that Don Cherry doesn't plays on it. Is it correct that information? 

Greetings

Luciano

PS: Someone could write me the catalogue number of this CD: Ornette Coleman & Don Cherry Live in LA. Hillcrest Performance 1958, by the label: Master Classic Records?

Edited by Luciano
In order to have some informations more

"Man On The Moon"/"Growing Up" was only issued in France. There are, however, white label promo copies on US Impulse (I've seen them offered without picture sleeve or with the French sleeve). Don Cherry definitely plays on "Man On The Moon". (The musicians of the quintet are not credited, but I have no reason to believe they're not OC, DC, Dewey Redman, Charlie Haden and Ed Blackwell, plus electronic music composer Emmanuel Ghent.)

Ciao Corto Maltese,

I was sure of everything you wrote, and I knew that it was issued in France by Stateside (I have that copy. And also the IMPULSE version was issued in France. I knew the history of that promo issue just yesterday.), but someone suggests:

1) Impulse instead Stateside 

2) Cherry doesn't plays on it. And suggest thtat the trumpet player was Coleman (but I reognize the Cherry sound)

Well, I hope we are in the correct way to think so.

Many thanks for your answer

Luciano