Turtle Records/Peter Eden

sidewinder

Looking forward to my Turtle Records box set arriving in the mail and reading the Colin Harper booklet that comes with it.

Noticed the following on Harper's website:

"A forthcoming Record Collector piece on British Jazz: The Peter Eden Productions 1968-72. I was delighted to be given the chance to distill the above work around Peter Eden’s jazz productions, but with much additional material, into a 3000 word RC feature. Chris Spedding, Howard Riley and Norma Winstone are the key interviewees, along with Peter, in the piece, with several of his rarest productions highlighted. One single, by the Mike Westbrook Concert Band, is valued at £400, which prompted Mike to point out that it ‘seems like a lot of money to pay for a riff!’ Norma’s splendid LP Edge Of Time (Argo, 1972) has recently been reissued by the similarly splendid Peter Muir at Market Square/Dusk Fire. And yes, it was produced by Peter Eden. Hopefully the piece will run in the next couple of months."

Wonder which Wesbrook single he is talking about. Presumably the 45rpm 'Original Peter'?  I agree with Mike :D

• 11 months later...