Chick Webb & Ella Fitzgerald Decca Sessions

252lgemail.jpg  

He Was The King.
She Was The Queen.

This Was Their Reign.

Presenting Chick Webb And Ella Fitzgerald

The Oliver Nelson Verve/Impulse Big Band Sessions

233lgemail.jpg  

"Oliver Nelson was perhaps the greatest jazz orchestrator and composer of the postwar era.

This set which contains 15 albums and 100 tracks is a testament to Nelson's frenetic activity and to the quality of his music"

- Will Friedwald, The New York Sun

Novus & Columbia Recordings of Henry Threadgill & Air

247emaila.jpg  

A First-Ever Opportunity To Experience Two Decades of Exceptional Artistry Henry Threadgill & Air

line-black.gif
LP & DVD Sets On Sale! 

Roland Kirk: The Limelight/Verve Albums (4 LPs)

3006email.jpg

While "Slightly Latin" and "Now Please Don't Cry, Beautiful Edith" are excellent albums, "Spirits" and "Rip, Rig And Panic" were two of Roland's proudest moments in a recording studio and remains two peaks among his many achievements.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jazz Icons DVD Box Set

6001email.jpg

Six Stunning Historically Significant Performances

I decided I've put off buying that Jamal set long enough...and figured now was as good a time as any, so...it's on its way. 

Also threw in the Ellington Small Groups box since I've been meaning to get it ever since it was put on the Running Low list months ago. Surprised that one is still around, actually... 

Good listening ahead! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I got the Threadgill box during this sale. Just received it yesterday and have already listened to half of it, fantastic music! Up to here, I admit to only having Air Time by Threadgill and Air. Such a great collection of music!

It IS a great set. I you like it that much, you might want to consider this to go along with it.

Henry Threadgill - The Complete Remastered Black Saint/Soul Note Recordings

Mosaic's shipping dept. seems to be slipping a bit...

I passed on the sale items, but ordered the Mingus instead (on Oct. 13).

Mosaic charged my credit card on the 15th (no tracking number), but didn't ship anything until the 20th, after I sent an e-mail asking about the order status. Whereupon they promptly shipped...the Eddie Condon/Bud Freeman set, which arrived today. Now I'll have to go through a PITA return process. Oh well.

Edited by T.D.

Mosaic's shipping dept. seems to be slipping a bit...

I passed on the sale items, but ordered the Mingus instead (on Oct. 13).

Mosaic charged my credit card on the 15th (no tracking number), but didn't ship anything until the 20th, after I sent an e-mail asking about the order status. Whereupon they promptly shipped...the Eddie Condon/Bud Freeman set, which arrived today. Now I'll have to go through a PITA return process. Oh well.

hmm... I ordered the RRK in the sale, hadn't had any kind of confirmation or shipping email a full seven days later. I emailed Scott directly on my second attempt to get a response, this time  with immediate effect. Scott apologised of course for the delay. Mosaic always does the right thing. 

I ordered the Kirk as well - on the final day of the sale.  I got a confirmation email that day (14th) and late on the 15th (Thursday) I got an email that said it would ship in the next 1- 2 business days.  On Tuesday the 20th I got a shipping notice w tracking number.  The set arrived earlier today and I am going to spin it in a few minutes.

Seemed a little sluggish as it shipped on the 3rd business day. 

Hopefully, the sluggishness is indicative of a larger than normal order day.  Always worried about their long term viability.

To T.D. - that sucks that you got the wrong set.  Hopefully they will make it right somehow.  I know they use a third party to handle their shipping and I think their warehouse - but that's a poor excuse for such a foul-up.

Ed,

Scott at Mosaic was very responsive. He said he'd reimburse me for the cost of sending the package back. Biggest hassle was trying to reassemble the bubble wrap, which I shredded in haste to open the package (fortunately I didn't damage the outer cardboard box). I made sure to get a tracking # so I can CMA in case the shipping dept. (to which I mailed back the Condon/Freeman) denies receiving it :P ...

Ed,

Scott at Mosaic was very responsive. He said he'd reimburse me for the cost of sending the package back. Biggest hassle was trying to reassemble the bubble wrap, which I shredded in haste to open the package (fortunately I didn't damage the outer cardboard box). I made sure to get a tracking # so I can CMA in case the shipping dept. (to which I mailed back the Condon/Freeman) denies receiving it :P ...

Sounds fair.  I know what you mean about shredding the bubble wrap.  They wrap it pretty tightly and use a lot of tape.  

Ed,

Sounds fair.  I know what you mean about shredding the bubble wrap.  They wrap it pretty tightly and use a lot of tape.  

This is getting to be a real hassle. I'm in upstate NY, should have received the replacement by now, but nothing yet. I'm sure everything will get resolved, but this hasn't been a nice "birthday present" so far.

On 10/30/2015, 6:14:34, T.D. said:

This is getting to be a real hassle. I'm in upstate NY, should have received the replacement by now, but nothing yet. I'm sure everything will get resolved, but this hasn't been a nice "birthday present" so far.

That's a bummer.  I - like many here - do long for the good old days when Mosaic had their own warehouse and shipped things themselves.  I think it was someone named Cindy to whom you could speak directly and get super prompt and dependable service.  Living in NY state should be a fast transaction and seeing how they screwed up - you would think it would be given top priority.

Where upstate are you?  I'm in the Buffalo area - which I know is really more over than up.....

I'm in the Catskills, about 45 mi. west of the Hudson. The original (wrong) order took only 2 days from Stratford, CT to me.

OTOH, the package I shipped back to Mosaic has been weirdly delayed - mailed 10/23, ETA 10/26, probable arrival now 11/3 or so. USPS media mail appears to be highly variable!

I want to order the Beehive, but with all of this I'm a little put off.

Don't want the Bud Freeman - for example.

Hate to raise the USPS again, but I'm waiting for something from Amazon that was supposed to be here on Oct. 29. Still hasn't arrived. "Stuck" in Memphis according to the seller. Sounds like a Dylan song.

I think some of the problems (e.g. my and Jim S's misdeliveries) were due to high sales volume resulting from the sale ending 10/14.

I got the impression that Mosaic is a bit of a shoestring operation (e.g. I received a gift certificate which had to be physically mailed to me, no electronic delivery, and the certificate was a plastic card with the identifying # written on it with a Sharpie), and they were likely overwhelmed at sale time.

Give 'em another week or so to clean up from the sale, and I'd expect an order to go smoothly. If you want to avoid USPS, Mosaic ships UPS (to USA) for only $2 more.

Problem fixed!

On Friday, once the Condon/Freeman package I returned emerged from USPS tracking hyperspace, I e-mailed Scott to inquire about the Mingus reshipment. On Monday (yesterday), Scott realized that he had forgotten to send it, but he (voluntarily) overnighted me a set which arrived today. And my return arrived in CT yesterday, so we're all square.