LAST CALL: October 18 at I Beam: Fall Fest

AllenLowe

last time I will disturb the board with this announcement; tix are $10, which works out to about 50 cents per musician; a bargain? You decide; however, I guarantee that this concert/recording session is way more entertaining than anything you did or did not see at Winter (Snooze) Fest last January; also, you will actually be able to hear the music:

Allen Lowe Presents:

An Evening of Talent Deserving Wider Recognition  

3-10 PM  October 18, 2015  IBEAM  

168 7th Street Brooklyn, NY 11215    http://ibeambrooklyn.com/directions/

Admission: $10

Allen Lowe, alto sax and all compositions with:

3 PM: Loren Schoenberg solo piano;   Micro-Cosmics:  a post-Frank Melrose/Hoagy Carmichael fusion of ersatz modernity in the post-post-modern age of jazz 

3: 45 PM Kelly Green solo piano;  She Loved Him; imaginary variations on Mary Lou Williams’ 1954 solo piece I Love Him

4:30 PM:  Shayna Dulberger  bass, Ava Mendoza  guitar, Allen Lowe alto, Miki Matsuki, on drums, Paul Austerlitz, clarinet. Lewis Porter piano: part of the Mary Lou Williams Suite, Commentary by Gladys Bentley: working title: I Am A Woman Again

5:30 PM Pianist Ursula Oppens  in a quartet with Allen Lowe, clarinetist Ken Peplowski, and bassist Kevin Ray; She Loved Him: imaginary variations on a theme by Mary Lou Williams

6: 30 PM: Whores is Funky: A quartet of Allen Lowe on electronics and; Ray Suhy on guitar and banjo; Lisa Parrott on baritone saxophone;  Larry Feldman on violin, Kevin Ray on bass. This is our Americana segment built on pre-war blues and hillbilly song forms.

7: 30 PM: sextet – Allen Lowe, alto; Kirk Knuffke trumpet, Paul Austerlitz clarinet, Kevin Ray bass, Lewis Porter piano; Jeremy Carlstedt, drums.  The post-bop world and other landscapes.

8:30 PM: A nine-piece band, with: Lou Grassi, Allen Lowe, Kevin Ray, Hayes Greenfield, Paul Austerlitz, Randy Sandke, Bobby Zankel, Christopher Meeder, Lewis Porter – an  ADHD version of a big band. Working Title: The Five Stages of Grief/Meditations on Disintegration (or: The Spectacle of the Spectacle of Death).

Edited by AllenLowe