Amazon delays shipment of Brubeck "Jackpot" CD

Stonewall15

It's in a jewel case. The liner notes are represented by an image of the back cover. . . there are notes in Japanese but I don't read Japanese and can't say what they contain. I can't compare the mastering to an original lp sound, but it sounds very good (as does every reissue from Sony in the last few years) though be prepared for an out of tune piano.

CD got here on Thursday, Oct. 29 (2015!!) as promised by Amazon. Hopefully "In Amsterdam" scheduled for 20 November will be delivered on time.

Regarding "Jackpot" do not let all the comments about an out of tune piano dissuade you from getting this terrific CD. IMHO this is Brubeck and Desmond at their finest in front of a live audience. One of my favorite tunes is "Ace In The Hole" and the 10-minute version of "You Go To My Head" has Dave at his piano-pounding, improvising best. The recording quality is also very good- the stereo separation is perfect.

Yes, it was talked of a few years ago but there's been no recent talk. However the new Ellington, Blakey and Monk boxes just released in Europe (I have copies on the way) just appeared with no previous announcement, so perhaps a Brubeck may appear out of thin air one day as well.