Album covers by famous people you didn't know tried their hand in music.

Hardbopjazz

• 8 months later...

A couple more from my collection --

archieedithsideb.jpg&maxx=300&maxy=0

While they weren't exactly Steve & Eydie, this album does have a certain charm, especially if you happened to grow up when this show was such a hit.

25647.jpg

I guess I knew that Gene Barry could sing because I heard him on the Original Cast Album of "La Cage Aux Folles", but I never knew he had previously recorded an entire album.

I have this one too --

81bEMbtmvBL._SL1050_.jpg

At long last, you can hear Hoss, Little Joe and Papa Ben Cartwight sing all your holiday favorites  Pernell Roberts apparently wanted nothing to do with this bit of merchandising, for even though he is pictured on the cover, it is explained that Adam had to be away somewhere on that particular Christmas.  The album is actually kind of  a story with music as friends and neighbors (who as I recall, carry a lot of the singing duties) of the Cartwights come over to the Ponderosa for a Christmas Eve party.  There's even some funny old spinster who flirts with Ben.  It's the next best thing to having to endure sitting through an entire episode of this show (which I hated, but my dad loved so we ended up watching it every week -- this was way back in the old days, kids, when most homes only had one TV set).  I guess this album came before the pinnacle of Lorne Greene's "singing" career, the classic, "Ringo".

While doing an image search for the above album, I also came across this --

mYVop-1448997265-657-list_items-xmasalbu

Apparently, it was a single released only in Germany and the Netherlands.

Edited by duaneiac

This one is actually a favorite of mine:

MI0001403250.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Calling this "a dramatic reading" is the understatement of the year.  This, my friends, is ACTING!!!!  I like to picture Mr. French getting Buffy and Jodie all tucked in bed and then getting them ready to doze off on a pleasant trip to slumberland by reciting for them something like this:

Why couldn't all the famous TV domestic servants have recorded an album like this?  I'm sure there would have been a market (me, at the very least) for say,  Ann B. Davis Sings Tom Waits or The Best of Jack Kerouac as Read by Shirley Booth