BFT 141 Discussion

felser

Yes, that is it exactly.  You guys are good!  I was not conscious of Hamer prior to getting this CD set in a trade (though I actually had stuff he played on), but was blown away by some of the material, especially this cut.  Hamer actually had quite an interesting career, credits ranging from the Beatles ("Got to Get You Into My Life") to Joe Harriott.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2015 at 5:31 AM, Hot Ptah said:

I can't go any further with an identification of #9. Someone else will have to pick up the baton.

Something I like about the Butterfield Blues Band on the first two albums. I have read that Paul Butterfield and Mike Bloomfield had played in the black blues bars in Chicago and were respected by Muddy Waters and the other blues greats. Their bass player and drummer were black blues sidemen from Chicago. But Bloomfield also brought more unusual music to the group, such as "East West" and the group could play it and Butterfield himself was into the new directions. It is a pity that the group did not want to stay together and evolve musically together. They were ahead of the rock pack in 1965 and 1966 and none of them were ever quite as compelling in their recordings, after the original lineup split apart.

Word. (did I do that right?)