New DONATE button

Jim Alfredson

Hello all,

You may have noticed a new DONATE box and button on the forum homepage. I thought this might be easier for most as well as a handy reminder that it does cost money to keep this site afloat. The donate button links directly to my Paypal account. Remember, you can use regular credit/debit cards with Paypal. For those that prefer to write a check, you can make them out to me and send here:

PM ME FOR THE ADDRESS

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I clicked anonymous for name but left amount visible. Although nothing shows on the main screen if you click 'view donations' name comes up to see. (I tried signing out...still there)

It's useful to see amount towards target and even how much individuals are donating. Don't see the need for the names.  

Edited by A Lark Ascending

• 3 weeks later...

Out of sheer curiosity:

How come only "this" month's donation balance is displayed now and the results of December's donations are not shown anymore? IIRC the $150 requested were "overpaid" by a multiple figure by the end of December so should cover the costs incurred for several months. Might be useful to know that a certain backlog is there (just in case ...), isn't it?

Edited by Big Beat Steve

Clearly seems to be a way to keep the money flowing in ... Jim might turn a profit on this thing yet! ;)

Seriously though it's up to Jim how to utilize the button option but it seems to me it could be a new way to initiate the semi-annual funds drive.  When a certain amount is raised, Jim could remove the button, then the reappearance of the button would tell everyone that what was raised is near exhaustion and it's time to dig deep again.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...