• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 1.4.2017 at 5:26 PM, Quasimado said:

Jim,

Funds forwarded through Japanese postal system on 3/17. Received?

Unfortunately Japan does not allow sending funds to non-business accounts via PayPal - which means heavy fees. :(

Q.

What is the status if the fundraising for 2017 .... is it still USD 830 (only) .... ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jim Alfredson said:

I don't know what you mean.

I believe "optatio" suggested to remove the individual 2016 donations from the rundown to remind some of the 2016 donors that a new contributions would be needed/appreciated to cover the cost of keeping the forum alive in 2017 .... just my 5 cent worth though ....

4 hours ago, Jim Alfredson said:

I don't know what you mean.

4 hours ago, soulpope said:

I believe "optatio" suggested to remove the individual 2016 donations from the rundown to remind some of the 2016 donors that a new contributions would be needed/appreciated to cover the cost of keeping the forum alive in 2017 .... just my 5 cent worth though ....

D´accord, soulpope!

• 1 year later...

Thank you everyone. It was a stressful last two weeks.

Long story short, my dear departed father had a serious hang-up when it came to doctors and dentists and as such I never went to the dentist until I was 28 years old. I had a root canal done, which wasn't so bad considering I'd never been in my life. My teeth were pretty good. But then the dentist decided he wouldn't take our insurance anymore and never put a crown on it. Then we lost our insurance before I found another dentist. That was over 12 years ago. The tooth now needs to come out; it's half gone anyway. Pieces have been breaking off for years. It's going to be $600 to pull it. On Wednesday they treated me for gum disease, which thankfully isn't too advanced but that was $1800 out of pocket. We have insurance now through Medicaid but it covers the very bare minimum and my teeth need more than the basics. Once the tooth is pulled I have to decide whether to live with a big hole in my smile or get an implant. The implant will be between $3k and $4k depending on the work they need to do. YAY!

So yeah... I've been stressing about the board funds. You guys took a weight off my shoulders. Thank you.