Jim Alfredson

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/17/2020 at 2:14 PM, Jim Alfredson said:

Your friendly reminder. :)

How are we doing on donations?  The board auto-widget suggests we need another $850 or so just to get even with 2020 board expenses (to say nothing of 2021).

I leveraged a $200 donation to the board last month (I gave a board member 9 fairly minty OOP Masada CD's, vols 2-10 -- all of the series he was lacking -- in exchange for his gracious donation of $200 to the care/feeding/maintenance of the board).

And how are you doing, Jim?  You've only posted twice since March, and I often hope you and your lovely family are doing well / are safe and sound.  Many thanks for all you do around here, keeping the lights going and all.  I'm sure I'm alone in saying how much we appreciate it!!  Stay safe, and thanks again!

On 23.11.2020 at 9:40 PM, Rooster_Ties said:

How are we doing on donations?  The board auto-widget suggests we need another $850 or so just to get even with 2020 board expenses (to say nothing of 2021).

I leveraged a $200 donation to the board last month (I gave a board member 9 fairly minty OOP Masada CD's, vols 2-10 -- all of the series he was lacking -- in exchange for his gracious donation of $200 to the care/feeding/maintenance of the board).

And how are you doing, Jim?  You've only posted twice since March, and I often hope you and your lovely family are doing well / are safe and sound.  Many thanks for all you do around here, keeping the lights going and all.  I'm sure I'm alone in saying how much we appreciate it!!  Stay safe, and thanks again!

Thnx for the reminder, done ....

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I am having a problem trying to make a donation. When I hit the donate button and put in the amount, I receive a message that $1. is the minimum donation even though my donation was well above that amount. Stared over and tried a few times times and received the same message each time.

It seems that making a donation is not user friendly.

Also I would prefer to just donate via my credit card as I did once before. It does not seem set up to allow me to do that anymore?

54 minutes ago, mjzee said:

I seem to recall a problem based on how the dollar amount is entered.  I think if you want to donate $50, just enter 50...no dollar sign, and not 50.00.

Decimal is not a problem, or wasn't for me. $ might be. Didn't try that. But that makes sense, $ is not a number.

• 6 months later...
On 2/15/2021 at 3:52 PM, Jim Alfredson said:

It's probably due to that plugin. If you want to go direct, you can PayPal b3groover@hotmail.com. Thanks!

That's what I did. Looks like money went directly to you. Hope you get it. I guess every little bit helps. Thanks!!

Edited by jlhoots

I’ve got a few CD’s I had inquiries about thru PM’s, which I’m gonna have people pay via donation to the board. May total close to $100, but I should probably list some more in the “offering” forum, and do the same — i.e. don’t pay me, pay Jim.

Might even offer a couple Mosaics the same way, with me covering the postage too.

As long as the cyberbullying continues in the Sexiest Album Covers thread, I'm reluctant to donate (although I have many times in the past).  This is abuse that is easily avoided (as in "live and let live") with a little restraint, and yet it persists.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Peter Friedman said:

I am having trouble making a donation. I put in the amount I want to donate, and get a response that $1.00 is the minimum ? 

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago, so ended up donating nothing.:(