Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Justin V

Miles Davis: The Complete 'On the Corner' Sessions

9 posts in this topic

So, my library has a streaming download service that allows 5 downloads a week.  Although it does have some questionable labels, it does have majors like Columbia and RCA Victor and a ton of indie labels.  I've been using some of my downloads for box sets (I already downloaded the Plugged Nickel box) and recently completed The Complete On the Corner Sessions.  

As I don't have the booklet, I'm looking for a track-by-track breakdown of the personnel.  If anyone could list it here, PM me or email me a scan, I'd appreciate it greatly.  Thanks.

I didn't find that on my search.  Thank you very much, Jeff!  I'm looking forward to digging into this set.

After the 1965-8 set, this is my favourite of the Miles boxes. The original 'On the Corner' disc made no impression on me at all. But I did like things I heard on 'Get Up With It'. 'He Loved Him Madly' is as good as anything he ever recorded. I also downloaded the box and it greatly exceeded my expectations.  

One of my very favorite Miles sets too, 2nd only to 2nd Quintet and Jack Johnson Complete (which are probably co-equal in first place). Miles & Gil is probably next after that.

And oddly, though the BB set great for when I've got a lot of work to get done around the house, the Complete Bitches Brew *isn't* one I'm in the mood for as often.

Anyway, the Complete OTC Sessions is really a monster, in the very best sense.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

That 'On The Corner' Take 4 on CD1 is an absolute monster !

3 hours ago, sidewinder said:

That 'On The Corner' Take 4 on CD1 is an absolute monster !

i've often wondered if belden mistakenly put the wrong take on the box set. this doesn't have trumpet.

Edited by l p

My Son got me a 180 gram vinyl issue for Christmas. To all you the truth, I've never heard this one so I think I might shake the walls down tomorrow with this one.