Merry Christmas!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up before 6 am because the wife has to work till about noontime. She's a nurse at a assisted living facility. Went to the gym for a quick workout and then a quick drive down to the beach to see people already out walking. The sun is shining here. A beautiful Christmas morning here in southern Maine. Merry Christmas to everyone here on "The O".

Spent yesterday killing time till evening. Took a walk to the pier on Christopher St., had the worst Indian food in creation (the entrée was so bad I went for mango ice cream for $5.00 just to kill the taste---a total of $23.00 with tip :blink:).

But all was not lost: I went to hear Kendra Shank, an always interesting vocalist, in trio with guitar and bass. Very nice and varied set, with Jobim; Abbey Lincoln; Sinatra Ralph Towner; Fred Hersch; even the inevitable Christmas chestnuts sounded good.

Happy holidays to everyone at O.

Edited by fasstrack

• 1 year later...

Yes, Merry Xmas.

It doesn't exist here of course, it's just an ordinary day.

Our Xmas lunch was my vegetable pulao rice, tandoori chicken and channa masala .

The missus then dished up a plate of pineapple, pears, German Xmas cake and vanilla ice cream. 

Edited by kinuta

We put up the tree very late this year, but it is done. 

IMG_20171223_112040827.jpg

Presents were 50% wrapped last night, 50% tonight.

This year, in a break from tradition, my daughter wanted to read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.

I think they are finally in bed but not asleep, so I'll get to the wrapping in a little while.

Best wishes for the season and a hope that 2018 is a better year for us all!