Album Covers with Dice

jazztrain

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:32 PM, jazztrain said:

Ted:  That's the only one I know.  What was the original cover?

I wish I could show you...I didn't keep the original, but I recall it to be something very plain, perhaps hand-drawn.  Unless I'm completely mistaken it's the very first Concord album, and Carl Jefferson never thought he'd be making another record.  He was a car dealer who was interested in promoting the arts scene (and I suppose his business) in the Concord California area.  Having supported the concert, and recording it, he had it released.  It moved well, and a re-press garnered this more famous cover.  I'm sure there's someone who can help out with the original.  I wish I could... 

11 hours ago, Ted O'Reilly said:

I wish I could show you...I didn't keep the original, but I recall it to be something very plain, perhaps hand-drawn.  Unless I'm completely mistaken it's the very first Concord album, and Carl Jefferson never thought he'd be making another record.  He was a car dealer who was interested in promoting the arts scene (and I suppose his business) in the Concord California area.  Having supported the concert, and recording it, he had it released.  It moved well, and a re-press garnered this more famous cover.  I'm sure there's someone who can help out with the original.  I wish I could... 

Ted,  It looks like this album has had several covers.  Any of these look familiar?

456025.jpg

JazzConcord.jpg

51zr2IEioVL.jpg