What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

StarThrower

• Replies 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• Referentzhunter

• HutchFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5028421942407.jpg5028421942407.jpg

At last, a comprehensive survey of his harpsichord pieces, on adequately sounding German model harpsichords. Astronio's playing is up tp the often high technical demands of the pieces, inspired and flexible, with the necessary masculine touch this music needs.  

The composer's unique position and conception between his father's music and galant inluences comes across more clearly than on any previous recording. 

Now playing, CD 8:
Perahia Plays and Conducts Mozart, Vol.3 (Columbia Masterworks – Sony Classics)
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
– Concerto for Piano No.20 in D minor K 466
– Concerto for Piano No.11 in F major K 413 (387a)
Murray Perahia (piano) – English Chamber Orchestra – Murray Perahia (Columbia Masterworks – Sony Classics)

0003749862.jpg  R-3020857-1312063928.jpeg.jpg

1 hour ago, Chuck Nessa said:

I used to know Marcos Klorman, producer of this disc and owner of Desmar. Haven't seen him since the '80s.

Chuck - I know practically nothing about Desmar, other than the fact that they made a few recordings with Stokowski.  Did they record classical music exclusively?

2 hours ago, HutchFan said:

Chuck - I know practically nothing about Desmar, other than the fact that they made a few recordings with Stokowski.  Did they record classical music exclusively?

Most of the catalog was made of historic piano recordings. I still have LPs of Busoni, Harold Bauer, Josef Hofmann, Lhevinne and an anthology with Brahms, Debussy, Grieg, etc. I remember a stunning disc of Liszt by Ervin Nyiregyhazi (hope I got that right). He also recorded some chamber music discs of little interest to me.

Edited by Chuck Nessa